Receiving Unusual USA Today Pop Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving Unusual USA Today Pop Up

We are blocking EU traffic and users, I've heard 2-3 reports of it blocking people in the US, and they seem to resolve themselves. If you're running a popup/ad blocker, try turning that off. Then clear your browser cache. If still happening (even intermittently), drop me a note at support@baseballHQ.com

Comment

I got that pop when I was trying to sign in from Lesotho, consistently, but assume that had something to do with some IP address as it would happen on the hotel's wifi but not, say, on our office network there. Get it all the time in the lounge at Schipol, but I guess that makes sense now. Kind of unfortunate, IMHO, as I'd like to access baseballhq when I'm travelling in the EU (and elsewhere).

Comment

We are definitely hoping for a more elegant solution going forward.

Comment

Ray,

I'm getting the pop up frequently and truth be told it's kind of annoying as it causes me to lose my browsing place. New Jersey continues to not be part of the EU. Thanks.

Comment

Send us email at support@baseballhq.com and I’ll connect you with tech to try a few things.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
              Send us email at support@baseballhq.com and I’ll connect you with tech to try a few things.
              FWIW, I got the Pop-up twice in DC, but not in the last two weeks.
              "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ray, why are you blocking EU users, 5x5 EU only leagues are big there?

Comment

If we were worldcupHQ.com, this would be a major issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bluester View Post
                    Ray, why are you blocking EU users, 5x5 EU only leagues are big there?
                    The issue is the EU GDPR, a law that recently went into effect that gives EU citizens the right to ask providers to delete all kinds of data. (This applies to businesses, colleges, etc. Basically, if an EU citizen can do any kind of business with you, you must give them the ability to remove themselves from your data.) Many providers built systems to collect lots and lots of data but didn't build in the option to "forget" some users. So it takes time to construct a solution. Some providers are dealing with it by blocking EU access, and may remove it later once they can put a legally acceptable solution in place. It looks as though the BHQ decision isn't guided by Ray and Brent but by USA Today Media Group.

Comment

What JonE said.

Comment

Working...
                      X