New HQ Pitching Matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HQ Pitching Matchups

Is possible to put back the lines that separated the teams? It's just a long list that is hard to read right now. I know you changed your ranking system but it's not easy to read or attractive now.
    "I've a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it."... Groucho

Curious to hear other opinions. We had to remove the separator lines to make the report sortable, which I think was a major enhancement. If we need to make mods for readability, there's certainly opportunity for that. Personally I haven't had a problem with readability, but that's just me.

Comment

I also like the lines, but I think I will prefer the sorting feature more once I get used to the new look.

Speaking of the Pitching Matchups...

Wondering why today's Daily article for Snell shows these numbers...

Away TAM Blake Snell -1.91 0.44 -2.77 -2.92 -2.37 NYY

...while the 8 Day View shows these numbers...

Away 2018-04-04 TAM Blake Snell L -1.00 0.44 -1.02 -1.03 -2.40 NYY Luis Severino

Shouldn't they be the same? Thanks.

Comment

The numbers are moving around day-over-day as the in-season data set grows. (To be honest, we're also still working some glitches out of the formula, though I think that's done now.)

As we get a week or two into the season, and we stop tweaking the formula (I think we're there now), the numbers should stabilize.
        Last edited by RAY@HQ; 04-04-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          Curious to hear other opinions.
          If we are talking about the 8 day matchups, I had the same reaction as Beano. I found it much easier to use last year's format from a readability standpoint. Maybe it's an issue of getting used to it, but my two cents.

Comment

OK, 8-day is an interesting discussion. Maybe that does need to be different than one day. I think I still see a lot of value in the sortability there though... sort by overall score or win potential to consider WW pickups, sort by name to see 2-start SP more easily than the old format, sort by Opponent to see who's facing the Tigers or Marlins this week?

I'm certainly open to revisions... what we have in place now is a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by willemaze View Post
              If we are talking about the 8 day matchups, I had the same reaction as Beano. I found it much easier to use last year's format from a readability standpoint. Maybe it's an issue of getting used to it, but my two cents.
              Totally agree with this. I use it only for the 8-day view and it would be much better to have those lines again.

Comment

I for one really like the sort function and do not miss the horizontal lines on either the 8-day (which is mostly what I use) or the 1-day. I think I would miss the vertical lines if you dropped them.

Comment

MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Working...
                  X