Playing time vs Depth Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing time vs Depth Chart

Curious how these two things work mechanically on the site. I was reviewing the AL Depth chart view and noticed that for Minnesota, Vargas is showing as the DH, while Morrison is showing as the back-up first baseman. When going directly into the Twins grid, it accurately shows Morrison as having the largest chunk of DH playing time.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

It's programmatic based on primary position and playing time. Doesn't always work perfectly. That one we can fix.

Comment

Fixed that one, made a few other glaring corrections too.

Comment

Originally posted by bankerboy View Post
        Curious how these two things work mechanically on the site. I was reviewing the AL Depth chart view and noticed that for Minnesota, Vargas is showing as the DH, while Morrison is showing as the back-up first baseman. When going directly into the Twins grid, it accurately shows Morrison as having the largest chunk of DH playing time.

Thanks for your thoughts.
        I think Vargas got claimed when sent down by Cardinals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, that happened since that post. Vargas is no longer on the MIN depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
            Yes, that happened since that post. Vargas is no longer on the MIN depth chart.
            He had been claimed by the Reds, but they tried to slip him to the minors and the Twinkies reclaimed him. In other words, he’s the ping pong ball.
            "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X