Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with the cut and paste of text with table inserts on website

Hi,

I am having issues with the cut and pasting of articles that I would like to put in a 'dossier' on Word, so I can Highlight, annotate, remove NL info as I am in an AL only league.

I have done this in previous years, where I paste "Lima Pitchers" article and do my thing on Word.

I cannot do this procedure this year. When I paste, the body copy is fine, but the tables are a complete mess.

I have tried using both Safari and Firefox and get the same result.

Here is a link from HQ that I attempted to perform this task, but with the same results:

Thanks for any insight you may have here.

I had good results by highlighting just the article text, starting with the sentence "The Low Investment Mound Aces (LIMA) plan..." and ending with the final individual player writeup. I pasted that into Word and it looked fine.

If it doesn't do it automatically, you need to change the font of the table itself to a fixed font like Courier New.

Comment

That does nothing.
      It already pastes the contents in Courier new and changing fonts did nothing. The body article is not the issue, it is ONLY the tables that are a mess. Any HQ tech tell me what is amiss with HQ this year on this issue?

This is a small paste of what I get when cut and pasting to Word this year:

-----------Projected 2018---------- Name League Position bb% ct% Eye PX Spd BPV LIMA =================== ====== ======== === === ==== === === === ==== Bregman, Alex AL 3B/SS 9% 82% 0.56 123 121 84 A Murphy, Daniel NL 2B 8% 87% 0.62 113 83 79 A Carpenter, Matt NL 1B 16% 76% 0.77 140 93 78 A Rizzo, Anthony NL 1B 12% 82% 0.79 126 67 77 A Turner, Justin NL 3B 10% 85% 0.72 117 72 77 A Gurriel, Yulieski AL 1B 6% 88% 0.50 96 92 69 A Moustakas, Mike AL 3B 7% 85% 0.47 117 68 68 A Santana, Carlos NL 1B 15% 80% 0.89 108 82 65 A Panik, Joe NL 2B 9

Comment

We haven't changed anything in our article formatting this year. Are you on a new version of Word or something on your end?

Comment

I'm running Word 2016. If I copy that LIMA article, choose 'Paste' and 'keep source formatting, the article and table paste perfectly.

Comment

my word is older than that, a few years. I was using the command paste feature and tried your paste and match formatting idea, still come up with the same problem..very frustrating.

Comment

Older version of Word should have Paste Special, try that. Again, nothing really new on our end that would affect this.

Comment

thanks Ray,
                Paste special, Formatted text did the trick. Don't know why I need that workaround this year, but all good.

Comment

Glad you're all set!

Comment

Working...
                  X