Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSV different than HTML

Hi Ray:

I just now uploaded the Major League CSV projections files from the Stats and Projections home page, and noticed that it does not seem to match the info in the HTML link. For example, in the HTML file, you've updated players like Logan Morrison and Mike Napoli with their new team affiliations (MIN and CLE respectively), but they are still listed as FAA in the CSV.

Also, the AB totals are different in the two files (Morrison has more in the HTML than in the CSV, while Napoli has fewer). I suspect that the new version of the CSV file was not generated. So there are probably other differences as well.

I have not yet compared pitcher projections in the CSV vs. HTML

FWIW, I tried also to download the CSV projections files via the links at the top of the HTML page, but none of these worked (they all gave a "failed -- network error" notice).

EDIT: A side request... Would it be possible to include the date of the last update in the CSV file?
    * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
    * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
    * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
    * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
    QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

We were having problems with that file earlier in the week. I'll have tech look at it. Thanks for flagging it.

Comment

Hi -
      Sorry about that! They should be up to date now.

I'll work on getting the date of the file generation added in there at the bottom shortly. Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK@HQ View Post
        Hi -
        Sorry about that! They should be up to date now.

I'll work on getting the date of the file generation added in there at the bottom shortly. Great idea.
        It isn't up-to-date for me.

The file I just downloaded looks the same as the one I downloaded yesterday, March 2 (and, FWIW, the same as the one I downloaded on February 28 and February 26 also).

For example, the hitter file still shows Logan Morrison's team as FAA and getting 452 AB, whereas the HTML link shows Morrison's team as MIN and getting 483 AB.
        Last edited by Timmeh49; 03-03-2018, 11:33 PM.
        * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
        * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters

Comment

I'm with Timmeh49. The files are still different with Gurriel still showing 545 ab's on one and 513 on the other.

Comment

I see it too on Gurriel. On it...

Comment

Sorry, now I promise it should be fixed!

Comment

Eh, maybe not quite right yet. Gurriel still looks different in AB column, Morrison still listed as FAA rather than MIN. I'm checking with Mike again.

Comment

Ray - I know at some point you and Mike are going to get this current issue figured out. But the worry is - this is the 2nd or 3rd time in the last few weeks we have had this problem. As our drafts are rapidly approaching losing a day or two because of this issue is going to be tough. Once this current issue is solved can we trust that the 2 files will always be in sync? We have never had to worry about this in past years. Will we be able to trust the CDV files enough to the point that we won't have to spend time comparing the 2 databases and wasting time in doing so. And in the coming weeks if they are different again - what should we do if we are in crunch time leading up to our drafts? For those of us who rely heavily on these projections what is your advice for us going forward given that this has been a repeated issue here lately? Thank you for your attention on trying to solve this problem and for being the single best website for fantasy baseball.

Comment

I get the concern, but I can assure you we'll get the processed bulletproof for draft season.

Comment

OK, NOW it works. Clear your browser cache and delete old versions of the file to make sure you get a clean version. Mike did add a timestamp at the very bottom of the file, which will tell you when it was generated.

Any further problems, let us know. We'll keep an eye on this, but should be fine going forward.

One more tip: if anyone gets in a jam on their way to a draft or something, go to the Custom Draft Guide and generate the CSV file there. That process always generates the file on request, so never a concern about getting the latest site data.

Comment

It works this morning - great news. The 2 databases seem to be aligned. Ray please let me ask you this question. In the event the 2 databases become different again leading up to opening day for whatever reason, is it safe to assume that the HTML database projections is the most current or up to date versus the CSV database? Thank you very much.

Comment

Yes, HTML trumps CSV in terms of recency, when there is a discrepancy.

Comment

Thanks, Ray and TechTeam!

Comment

Working...
                            X