Hold Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold Projections

When do you expect the hold projections to be up to date? A couple teams don't show any holds currently, and the Astros only have Joe Smith getting holds. Thanks.

I should have mentioned that the teams I noticed were the Angels and Dodgers.

Comment

We’ll get right on that.

Comment

Just curious, but is there even a standardized definition of what constitutes a "hold?"
        John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

There are many teams that do not add up to 100% on holds. Will they by the end of spring training as roles become more defined? Thank you.

Comment

Yes, certainly by the end of spring, probably much sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
              Just curious, but is there even a standardized definition of what constitutes a "hold?"
              Hardball Times ran an article recently on the topic. Entertaining but long, so your mileage may vary but I enjoyed the article: https://www.fangraphs.com/tht/the-un...d-blown-saves/

The short answer is that although MLB doesn't define a "hold," we have reached an informal consensus on the definition, but it wasn't always that way.
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
              X