Looking for more details of key formulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for more details of key formulas

I am trying to learn more about the terms used by BaseballHQ to describe players' abilities, so I've been poking around on the Glossary pages. In some cases the glossary has been very helpful, giving the formulas for some of the ratings and the high and low benchmarks for those ratings. But in other cases very little information is provided. For example, for "eye," the only information provided is that it refers to batting eye, which was already pretty obvious. Similarly, the only thing it says about "dom" is that it relates to pitchers' dominance, but it doesn't explain what that means or how it is calculated, or provide any frame of reference for determining a good or bad rating.

Is there another place on the website where the analytical terms are defined more thoroughly?

"Dom" isn't some brilliant stat HQ made up; it's just K/9. Eye is (batters walks)/(batter's strikeouts).
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

If you scroll down from the quick glossary definitions to the full glossary, all formulas are given in the extended version.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        If you scroll down from the quick glossary definitions to the full glossary, all formulas are given in the extended version.
        [Self-administered dope slap] I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by What Cheer Wombat View Post
          [Self-administered dope slap] I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you very much!
          Admittedly it's not the most intuitive layout. No reason for self-abuse.

Comment

Working...
          X