Tapatalk and unread forum messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk and unread forum messages

So technically this is a question to take to Tapatalk support, except that I've started seeing this behavior at or around the time of a forum outage a week or so ago when some maintenance was presumably performed. Wonder if a new patch to the vBulletin software or changes to any settings might be impacting what I'm seeing: Basically, my "unread" feed in Tapatalk only goes back a few hours. Maybe capped at 6 hours or so? Definitely less than 24. I have lots of unread posts when viewing on the web, but only a few in the app.

Update: If I click 'New Posts' above when on the website, I see a point in the list marked:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

This is the exact point where Tapatalk stops listing new posts.

Anyone else seeing this? Is it something that can be configured from the HQ end?

Yes! I had no idea this was happening so I've just checked Tapatalk on my cellphone where this thread is not showing in the unread list, although it is in my "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." section on my computer.

Curiouser and curiouser....

Comment

I'm not aware of any recent updates to our vBulletin, but I'll check with our tech team. They may have snuck one in...

Comment

Turns out we did do a vBulletin update. Will check this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Penfold View Post
          "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." section on my computer.
          I don't use Tapatalk but get the same language when I look at new posts. When I sign out, I always click "Mark Forums Read." I don't understand how, when I sign back in, I can have unread posts in threads that have not been updated.
          The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Comment

Originally posted by mexipat View Post
            I don't use Tapatalk but get the same language when I look at new posts. When I sign out, I always click "Mark Forums Read." I don't understand how, when I sign back in, I can have unread posts in threads that have not been updated.
            That's happening to me as well, along with Tapatalk issues.
            John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Made a few tap talk changes after researching this a bit. Let me know if it's any better now.

Comment

That's worked for me - loads of unread threads in my list now. Which, in itself, isn't a good thing - I need to do more reading!

Comment

I'm still only seeing the posts above the "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." line :/

Comment

Working...
                  X