CDG does not include any hitters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG does not include any hitters!

I just tried to run a CDG for my NL-only league and got a file that contained only pitchers and no hitters. I saw the following message:

Dollar value: too many required players for selected league(s) store_values: values are not an array

I then tried to run a CDG for my mixed league and got both hitters and pitchers. Then I ran it for an AL-only league and got both hitters and pitchers. So this appears to be a problem only for NL-only leagues. Heaven knows why; I hope you all can figure it out before my transaction deadline.

Yeah, we're at the point in the calendar where the minimum amount of stats available in the player pool needed to derive dollar values is starting to become an issue. I've noticed this week that only-leagues are starting to run into this error. Mixed leagues still ok for now, but that won't last long.

For the very short term, you can work around it by cutting the number of teams in your league before you input. The dollar values will lose relevance, but the rankings/comparisons should still be valid.

Also note that, since the projections are quickly converging to garbage anyway with only two weeks left in the season, our analysts are starting to convert PT% estimates to 2017. So if you see someone like Kyle Schwarber suddenly looking super-valuable in the CDG, that's why.

Comment

Thanks for the workaround. The only problem is that there aren't enough players to make a full league roster, so some rosterable players are not on the list. I guess I'll have to make some decisions (gulp) without projections...

Comment

The entire player pool should always be in the output, just below the zero dollar line.

Comment

Working...
        X