HQ Radio - Downloading Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ Radio - Downloading Issue

Since HQ radio started back up I am not able to download. This has happened in the past, but I it always comes through eventually.
    I asked a few owners of they were having issues and 2 said yes and 1 said no. All of us are using the same iOS iPhone 6.
    The podcast is very large compared to others, so streaming is not user preferred, but is our only option.
    I have the max GB iPhone, so it's not space.
    Here is the error from the podcast app on iPhone...
    Any suggestions?
    I have unsubscribed and deleted completely, then subscribed to try and "jar it free".

Have a few reports of this. Seems to be an issue with the podcast app. Best solution is to switch apps. "Overcast" is a free one that doesn't seem to have the issue.

Comment

I have to put the podcast on my laptop and then plug my iPhone into the computer to get it on the phone.

Comment

I was trying to avoid that but thanks for the feedback and will pass along.
        This is probably already tried and failed, but iTunes should really try to zip files and let the user unzip to at least get the file transfer complete.
        HQ radio has supreme quality, so it's worth the file size from this customers POV.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveL View Post
          I have to put the podcast on my laptop and then plug my iPhone into the computer to get it on the phone.
          The file size is the issue, but usually it pushes through eventually. Not sure if Patrick has increased the file size or not with an enhancement, but I cannot get it to push once.
          He sounds as good or better than the radio and it's great, but be nice if somehow the file size was decreased.

Comment

File size actually is not the issue. Supposedly there's a 100MB limit on file sizes, which we regularly exceed... but a) even when we're over the limit, most users can download successfully, and b) even when we split the show in half a couple of weeks ago to stay under the limit, it didn't help the people who couldn't download when it was over the limit.

Comment

HQ Radio - Downloading Issue

Works on this new RSSRadio app on iOS...

Comment

Good tip, thanks!

Comment

First HQ Radio podcast downloaded on iTunes w/o incident, so great news. Not sure if anything was changed, but if so great job and thank you!!!
                  Never leave home w/o the podcast downloaded lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing changed on this end, but glad to hear it resolved itself in the offseason!

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                      Nothing changed on this end, but glad to hear it resolved itself in the offseason!
                      Actually, one thing did change: I got a haircut.
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by PD@HQ View Post
                        Actually, one thing did change: I got a haircut.
                        I thought I heard something different in your voice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X