Thread: April 3rd ESPN redraft mixed league has openings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default April 3rd ESPN redraft mixed league has openings

3rd year ESPN AL/NL mixed league has openings. $100 entry fee with all money going to prizes. League safe used to collect entry fees and distribute prizes.

A live snake draft will be held the night of april 3rd on the espn site - 30 rounds. 5x5 roto scoring. blind free agent bidding once a week after the auction is complete. no trading - the team that drafts and manages its free agent budget the best is the winner!
    We played with 16 teams last year and hope to have 16 this year though we can play with less.

Send me a PM with your email address or post your email address in a reply if you want more info.

I've played in this league every season and it's a great group of guys. If you're looking for a legitimate deeper mixed league, with no BS and a smooth draft, you can't get much better than this. For
    My team: 10-Team AL-Only Keeper: 5x5 (OBP & K-BB)

Thanks for the endorsement, Dave (dmojr). It really is a challenging league with a knowledgeable group of owners. Two years ago I finished dead last. Last year I won the league. Who knows where I will finish this year but I like the challenge.

3 spots left, 16 team league

I'm interested. But no trading?

"no trading"? - if that is a key part of a fantasy baseball for you then this league may not be the best fit. This league is a hybrid between the "draft champions" format (where there is no trading) and a regular league (with weekly free agent transactions). No trading eliminates the possibility of collusion and simplifies the rules (i.e. not requiring a system of trade review from the other owners). Even if two owners make a trade in good faith without collusion I still have seen some awfully unbalanced trades over the years in other leagues I've played in.

No trading evens the playing field - the team that drafts and manages its free agent budget the best wins, without the possibility of an unbalanced trade affecting the results.

I"m interested. tapjsp @ gmail

What are starting lineup requirements? 30 rounds x 16 teams is pretty deep.

I don't want to speak for Tim and will defer to him for the final say, but all the years I've played in this league, it's been standard rotisserie rosters (2C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, 5 OF, UTIL, 9P)

Dave
    My team: 10-Team AL-Only Keeper: 5x5 (OBP & K-BB)

Quote Originally Posted by dmojr View Post
    I don't want to speak for Tim and will defer to him for the final say, but all the years I've played in this league, it's been standard rotisserie rosters (2C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, 5 OF, UTIL, 9P)

Dave
    That's correct. I sent southpaw23 the rules by email (as I can anyone who gives me their email address).

I'm interested, I'll PM you my email address.
    Thanks

Two spots open

Quote Originally Posted by coloradotim View Post
    A live snake draft will be held the night of april 3rd on the espn site - 30 rounds. 5x5 roto scoring. blind free agent bidding once a week after the auction is complete.
    Just to clarify, this is a snake draft, not an auction, right? I may be interested, just got to make sure April 3 works for me.

yes this is a snake draft.

I'll take a team. I pm'd you my email address.

DevilRay is in so now we have one spot open. Send me your email address if interested.

im interested if you still have an opening

This league is now full.