No announcement yet.

"Remember me" box for logging in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to "re-sign in" weekly on my office computer....but at home I'll stay logged in forever.
    Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

Originally posted by Steve NY View Post
      I have to "re-sign in" weekly on my office computer....but at home I'll stay logged in forever.
      Same with me for home page the most part, although once in a great while I get asked to sign in when using safari. Once I get into the home page, I'm automatically good for the fora.
      "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have to re-login every single week on my iPhone, my iPad and sometimes on my desktop. Sometimes sooner than a week. But always within a week.
        MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

On my home computer, using Firefox, this rarely happens at all. On my work computer, using Firefox, this happens much less than it used to, probably once every six to eight weeks. On a public computer, it still happens frequently, regardless of browser, even if I check the remember-me box. I really don't like having to use the remember-me box, given what I know about online aggregating and scraping.

Comment

Pretty similar to the above comments: In the office using work laptop and Chrome, I have to sign in pretty much once a week. Using home laptop, Firefox not nearly as often. Forums just stay logged in forever on both home and office.

iPhone and iPad is also weekly login.

None of this really bothers me though it would definitely be an issue if I had to login multiple times a day.
            Last edited by RABohms; 03-13-2016, 03:40 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

this has been an issue for me ever since the new site was launched

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                Sorry about that, Howie. We haven't done anything about this... can others chime in if this is still an issue? It never happens to me, and having not heard about it for a while, wasn't conscious of the fact that it was still a source of aggravation.
                I appreciate the response at this very very busy time of year. only one subsequent headache.
                if I am not busy, it's not so bad. but if looking for an instant check-in, it's rough.
                NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Happens to me at work and via iPhone, the former likely due to HIPAA security requirements but not sure about the latter. Doesn't happen on either of my home laptops, mac or pc.
                  10 team, NL only, Traditional 5x5 Rotisserie League Auction, Keeper League w/ 17 reserves, in 36th year. 2018 1st place after 2 rebuilding years.
                  12 team, NL only, Traditional 5x5 (OBP instead of BA) Rotisserie League Auction, Keeper League w/8 reserves, in 14th year. 2018 4th place after going all in.
                  14 team, Mixed, Traditional 5x5 (Net Wins instead of Wins) Rotisserie League Snake Draft/Redraft league w/5 reserves, in 13th year. Perpetually at or near last place.

Comment

The login behaviors for the forums is different than any other site I've used.

The "remember me" box usually allows one to not have to login again to a site for an extended period of time: 2-3 weeks. For the HQ forums, I have had to check that box to not have to login after every click on the site.

Despite checking that box, it seems I have to login every day.

Perhaps the "cookie duration" is set too short on the backend? Security settings too high?

Thanks,
                    Chris
                    -cmd

10-team mixed - 5x5 (QS OBP) - 2C 1B 3B CI 2B SS MI 5OF 1UT 5SP 3RP 2P 6BN 2MIN - Unlimited keepers $160 max - $260 auction
                    10-team mixed - H2H Roto 5x5 - C 1B 2B SS 3B 4OF 2UT 3SP 2RP 4P 8BN - Dynasty must keep 20 - Snake Draft

Comment

As I understand it, those security settings are all at the browser level, not the back end. I only get logged out of the forums expressly when I clear my cookies. The expiration on the forum cookie is quite long.

The site login lasts 2-3 weeks for me.

Given the wide variety in experiences reported here, it seems like the variable has to be at the browser/device level. I'll have our tech team review all of this (prob after Opening Day at this point), just to make sure nothing's changed without our knowledge.

Comment

I rarely if ever have to re log in from my home computer (Windows 10 PC, Chrome). I occasionally (?every 2-3 weeks) have to re log in from my Android cell, but the site "remembers" me and it is just one click to re log in. In other words, I am not having the problem others do. I dont have any separate computers, such as a work computer.

Comment

I have a tough time with staying logged in to the forums

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                          Sorry about that, Howie. We haven't done anything about this... can others chime in if this is still an issue? It never happens to me, and having not heard about it for a while, wasn't conscious of the fact that it was still a source of aggravation.
                          I have to log in many times during any session. Sometimes every 3-4 minutes. Very frustrating. Using Chrome.
                          12 team NL only 5x5 with 4 man reserve

Comment

FWIW, I have found Chrome to be very flaky in conjunction with Windows 10. Try I/E (Edge) and if it doesnt happen there, its likely a Chrome/Windows 10 issue. A while back I had to go to an independent chrome user group on the web to figure out how to fix my problem, since the official chrome user group wasnt helpful. But I would start with just trying Edge, if you have Windows 10.

Or, the age old remedy, reboot

Comment

Just to add another voice, I find that I'm auto-logged on when I visit the site every day. If I go 2-3 days without logging in, I have to log in again. I'm using a work computer, so effectively this means I log in every Monday. I'm using Firefox.

Comment

I'll add another annoyed voice to this. I'm logged into so many other sites without issue but I know that HQ is different from all others for some reason. I even hesitate to use the site on my phone because of the sign in annoyance. I get logged out pretty much every day (the HQ site, not the forum) and Chrome NEVER remembers my username and password. It's obviously the HQ site itself judging from how many people are saying the same thing here. And it's been this way since the new site went live.

Please please fix this...

- a LONG time subscriber (~20 years??)

Comment

Working...
                                X