"Remember me" box for logging in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Remember me" box for logging in?

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it with a forum search.

Is there a reason why there isn't a "remember me" box to log in to the main site? There's one for the forums, but it gets a bit annoying having to type my user name and password every day when I go to the site.

Thanks!
    AL 4x4 9 team (yes, shallow I know, but we're all good friends from around the country who travel for an in person auction each year), 14 hitters/10 pitchers $260 cap.

Champions: 1997, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2017

Even without the box, if your browser acceptscookiesfrom us, you should only have to log in to the site every three weeks or so.

Comment

HQ is unlike any other site I visit by leaps/bounds...I have to re-log in sometimes 2-3x in a 60-90 span. Why would HQ's cookies be any different than anyone else's cookies...
      AL-only 12tm keeper (OBA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
      AL-only 10tm ultra (BA, HR,RBI, R, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
      NL-only 11tm keeper/ultra (OBA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, W. Sv)
      NL-only 10tm keeper/ultra (BA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPB View Post
        HQ is unlike any other site I visit by leaps/bounds...I have to re-log in sometimes 2-3x in a 60-90 span. Why would HQ's cookies be any different than anyone else's cookies...
        That's about right. We expire our cookie after 21 days.

Comment

sorry...I didn't include the time measurement. I get logged off 2-3x in a 60-90 min span
          AL-only 12tm keeper (OBA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
          AL-only 10tm ultra (BA, HR,RBI, R, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
          NL-only 11tm keeper/ultra (OBA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, W. Sv)
          NL-only 10tm keeper/ultra (BA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPB View Post
            sorry...I didn't include the time measurement. I get logged off 2-3x in a 60-90 min span
            That shouldn't be happening. Again, check your cookies and make sure you're allowing us to set a cookie for you.

Comment

Maybe part of my problem is that I work for the government, and they're constantly clearing cookies. The remember me box in the forums still works great, though, even when I keep getting logged out of the main site.
              AL 4x4 9 team (yes, shallow I know, but we're all good friends from around the country who travel for an in person auction each year), 14 hitters/10 pitchers $260 cap.

Champions: 1997, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2017

Comment

Two issues I have:
                1. For whatever reason, when I log in from work (Windows 7/Chrome) I have to log in once a week. There could be some work policy which clears cookies every weekend; however, that wouldn't explain why I stayed logged into the forums for months at a time.
                2. At home, when my login does expire, on Safari/Mac it at least pre-fills my login and password for me. This doesn't work for me at work, while Chrome does remember passwords on other sites, which tells me it's a simple HTML markup issue. This is a pain for RotoPass users to have to look up that cryptic password once every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Gantner View Post
                  Two issues I have:
                  1. For whatever reason, when I log in from work (Windows 7/Chrome) I have to log in once a week. There could be some work policy which clears cookies every weekend; however, that wouldn't explain why I stayed logged into the forums for months at a time.
                  2. At home, when my login does expire, on Safari/Mac it at least pre-fills my login and password for me. This doesn't work for me at work, while Chrome does remember passwords on other sites, which tells me it's a simple HTML markup issue. This is a pain for RotoPass users to have to look up that cryptic password once every week.
                  agreed. this is the only site I visit where I have recurring login headaches.
                  NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                  our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                  a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

I'm having to log in every few minutes today...typically I only have to log-in again after an extended period of inactivity (30 min+).

Comment

I've forwarded this thread to tech to have a look.

Comment

It's been a few weeks and I am still having problems with getting kicked off after a few minutes (10, 20, sometimes 3). Has there been any update?

FWIW, I checked cookies and I have several from HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post
                          agreed. this is the only site I visit where I have recurring login headaches.
                          it happened again. does not ever happen with any other sites. should not happen here, and the burden should not be on the customer to "figure it out" - that's just not good business practice, with all due respect. I have a secure home computer, and don't get why I can be "logged out" involuntarily.

thanks in advance for your taking that concept into account and thinking about how to rectify the issue - accepting and acknowledging in your response the fact that this issue just doesn't occur with other sites. HQ is the outlier, and surely that's not where you want to be. that means that a rote "you need to check your cookies" is not a sufficient response - the onus is on HQ to explain why this site fails when others do not.

if you made the only car that periodically didn't start unless the owner had to do a secondary effort first - what would your answer be to that?

#nuisance
                          NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                          our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                          a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post
                            if you made the only car that periodically didn't start unless the owner had to do a secondary effort first - what would your answer be to that?
                            #nuisance
                            Doesn't happen to me - I am automatically logged in every time.

Comment

Sorry about that, Howie. We haven't done anything about this... can others chime in if this is still an issue? It never happens to me, and having not heard about it for a while, wasn't conscious of the fact that it was still a source of aggravation.

Comment

Working...
                              X