Ads blocking login on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads blocking login on forum

This site is already not very iPad friendly. In addition, when going to the forums on an iPad, the username and password fields at the top are blocked by a banner ad, preventing you from logging in.

The ads really are a bit much considering the subscription fee. This may be my last season subscribing, due in large part to the obtrusiveness of the ads.

Just to make sure I understand...when you click the "login" button, the ad is appearing ON TOP of the fields for your username and password?

Which browser are you using on your iPad?

Comment

I'm already logged in (Safari on iPad) but the ad placement does seem to fall over where the login boxes would appear if I weren't logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        I'm already logged in (Safari on iPad) but the ad placement does seem to fall over where the login boxes would appear if I weren't logged in.
        This is correct. If you are not logged in, the ad sits right on top of the username and password fields, there is no way to enter that info as the ad is sitting on top of them. Part of the submit button is left exposed, so I clicked on that to get to the password error screen where the fields are in the middle of the page, and was then able to log in. Just a minor hassle, it's more the poor design of the ad placement, and the principle of having the ad there at all, given the subscription fee.

Comment

So get rid of the ads! $89/yr or whatever should buy you an ad-free experience.
          John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
            So get rid of the ads! $89/yr or whatever should buy you an ad-free experience.
            Decisions made above my pay grade, sorry.

Comment

Decisions made above my pay grade, sorry.
              I know. Not your fault. You just happened to answer the gripe:-) Who IS responsible? Shandler because he sold? Why I oughtta. . .
              John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Technically speaking the ad is on the unpaid "side" of the site.... :-)

I'll speak with our ads team and see if there's something we can do

Comment

Working...
                X