Opening in online, NL-only, 5x5 league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening in online, NL-only, 5x5 league

Monsters of the NL News is an online keeper league, with rules for the most part based on the Book rules. It goes back to the late eighties, I believe. Monsters is NL-only and 5x5. We conduct our auction in a live online chat room. There are no fees for transactions beyond the initial membership buy-in. It's a low-stakes league, so you aren't going to be out much if you want to try out a strategy that you'd be reluctant to use in a league that called for payment of serious money.

The only thing a bit quirky about this league is that we use a transactions system that operates over two days each week. On Mondays, we announce successful waiver claims and FAABs. On Tuesdays, we allow owners to pick from the remaining free agents for natural roster openings. (The rationale is that, with weekly transactions, an owner whose FAABs and waivers all were unsuccessful might find himself or herself without an active player in an open spot for a full week. The Tuesday FA claims opportunity lets the owner see how he or she does on Monday before filling in on Tuesday if necessary. It's not complicated and, I promise, you'd get the hang of it quickly.)

Monsters needs to replace last year's champion, who won by trading for every high-priced player and expiring contract available and then departed the league due to work commitments. Now that he's gone, we need an owner to try to resuscitate the corpse of a team he left behind. It should be a good challenge for someone!

The fee in Monsters is $50 plus your pro-rata share of the Onroto.com service, which was about $9 last year. The auction occurs on the Sunday of "traditional" draft weekend, i.e., the first full weekend after Opening Day, so it's Sunday, April 6 this year, starting at noon Eastern, 9 am Pacific.

We have some HQ guys in the league and they do well. You'd be proud to beat them.

If you're interested, please private message me or email me at MikeRubin2@aol.com. Thanks for your attention.
    Last edited by Mike Rubin; 02-20-2014, 08:26 PM.
Working...
X