WANTED: Keeper/Dynasty League to Join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Keeper/Dynasty League to Join

My home league -- NL-only, quasi-dynasty (up to 16 keepers, generally 12-13 MLB players and 3-4 "prospects") -- may have an opening. The team that finished tied for second last year determined that he was in too many leagues. It's 5x5, but on offense, we use OBP and hits instead of Avg and runs, and on pitching we use K-W, rather than K's. Oh, we draft on-line. It's scheduled to begin Sunday morning, March 23rd. Teams generally have an hour to make picks and we suspend in late evening and don't begin again until mid-morning (although teams can make a pick if they're up and ready). Everyone needs to be ready to finish the draft on, I think, Thursday evening in the event that the draft hasn't been completed by then. Last year, it finished well before Thursday evening. If you're interested, pm me.
    "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks, Phil.

Sorry, I should have said that I am looking for a Mixed league.

Comment

Originally posted by JimTurkey View Post
        Thanks, Phil.

Sorry, I should have said that I am looking for a Mixed league.
        I'm not stalking Phil...and just in that other dynasty thread, here's another option.

We have two openings our dynasty league. The league started last year. One team picks 4th (non-snake draft) and the other picks 14th. We use Fantrax to manage our teams and purchased a lifetime contract last year. Parameters are:

• 20 Teams, no contracts, no divisions, head to head
        • Two matchups per week
        • Daily Activations (Weekly Scoring Periods) - 1 point per category (16-pts. per matchup)
        • 94-Players per team: (44 starters/reserves) and (50 man Minor League roster)
        • Owners can trade future Draft Picks and get 10 new picks per year; we start our slow draft mid March

Hitting Categories:
        (8-Pts. Possible)
        1-Pt. (BA)--Batting Average
        1-Pt. (HR)--Home Runs
        1-Pt. (SB)--Stolen Bases
        1-Pt. (RBI)--Runs Batted Inn
        1-Pt. (OBP)--On Base Percentage
        1-Pt. (H+W)--Hits + Walks
        1-Pt. (R)--Runs
        1-Pt. (TB)--Total Bases

Pitching Categories:
        (8-Pts. Possible)
        1-Pt. (W)--Wins
        1-Pt (K)--Strikeouts
        1.Pt. (WHIP)--Walks + Hits/Inning
        1-Pt. (ERA)--Earned Run Average
        1-Pt. (INN)--Innings
        1-Pt. (QS)--Quality Starts
        1-Pt. (3S+H)--3 Times Save plus Holds
        1-Pt. (GB) -- Ground Balls Allowed

PM me if you want more details.

Comment

Appreciate it, dc, but that's a little too deep for my blood.

Still looking for a league ...

Comment

no worries. It's a huge player pool, obviously, and goes down in to SS leagues, I believe.

Comment

I play in a mixed league that is not that deep, but similar in that it is H2H, points-based (not category based). Interested?

Weekly matchups, so no need to stress about daily lineup changes, it's just once a week.

16 teams with standard 23-man lineups, but the pitching is 5 SP and 4 RP in each match.

12-man benches, so the free agents tend to be more useful than in a single-league only setup, but not full of talent either.

Points scoring is heavily skewed toward getting good SP and hoping for as many double-starts as you can get each week. As your pitching goes, so goes your team.

League has been around for a decade-and-a-half and some of us have been in there since the beginning.

Online draft March 16th at 2pm ET.

If this type of setup is what you would enjoy, PM me.
              MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Thanks, Nick. I appreciate the offer but I'm gonna pass. Another great league but H2H isn't what I'm looking for.

Looks like I'm still searching ...

Comment

Hey I'm looking for a new league too!

Comment

I'm still looking too!

Comment

Hey Jim and Freedom.

Id be interested in doing a slow draft keeper / dynasty league.

Comment

Originally posted by circle360 View Post
                        Hey Jim and Freedom.

Id be interested in doing a slow draft keeper / dynasty league.
                        I'm interested.

Comment

I have 2 slots in a long-time 12-team auction keeper league. This is a local league in upstate NY that will draft on Saturday March 29th. We do have at least two members who will draft by Skype so you do not have to be at the draft to participate. We use CBS as our site. $150 entry fee along with monthly transactions ($2/move over 15 moves-DL replacement, even trades no fee). We are a 5x5 league, players are given contracts based on auction price for first two years, with a $5 increase for year 3 and beyond if you keep player. 23 man rosters with up to two minor league slots which are determined at the draft. Winter rosters (keepers) are decided by Feb 28th, after that you are allowed 3 free drops if you chose too until draft, more then 3 costs $10 per drop.

Salary cap goes up to $340 after draft. League pays 1st-5th and all category winners also receive a cash prize.

If interested in seeing available rosters, please email me or look at http://otto5.baseball.cbssports.com/

The two teams labeled TBD are the ones available, the salaries have not been increased yet for the 2014 season. You also have the choice to take a roster and not keep any players. Number of keepers is up to owner as long as they have enough cap space to draft 23 players.

ny9698@yahoo.com if youd like to know anything else.

Commish Testa

Comment

Maybe start a thread on that one.

Slow keeper / dynasty draft. Say 15 or 20 team keeper league 5 x 5 etc.

Comment

If you are still looking made a post in this thread about two openings in my mixed keeper league

Comment

Working...
                              X