No announcement yet.

Draft software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a sack that will fit over my avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by mexipat View Post
      +1 on the Customer Service. I don't think Merv ever takes a day off.
      +2. Merv has always responded to my (mostly dumb) questions in nano-seconds.

Comment

Agreed.. Rotolab is #1 by a mile and I'm always amazed at how quickly (and how patiently) Merv replies to my dumb questions.

Comment

I wished my wife shared your sentiments! ;-)

Comment

Merv, are you saying you aren't always patient replying to your wife's dumb questions? We're going to get you into more trouble.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

When it comes to computers.....wow, like two kids in a sandbox. She can almost feel me trying to guide her mouse with my arm gestures. Not pretty......

Comment

Is Rotolab something you buy once, then feed the HQ data (or your own) into it every year or do you have to pay for Rotolab s/w every year?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeat View Post
                  Is Rotolab something you buy once, then feed the HQ data (or your own) into it every year or do you have to pay for Rotolab s/w every year?
                  You buy it every year. And it's awesome.

Comment

It's an annual license. It's a small, niche market, no viable way to sell it once and rely on volume sales like you can with mass appeal programs. But I usually put a lot of effort into providing new features in each year and the developer (me) is available about 16/7 for questions if you get hung up.

Thanks for the kudos, Ray.

Comment

I am excited to see the new version today! (or soon)

Comment

I have never used Rotolab but I did use the RotoWire software and was very happy with it. I used it for both auction & snake. Their ipad software showed promise. I wouldn't use it for a high value league but bet it would be useful otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by angryelvis View Post
                          I have never used Rotolab but I did use the RotoWire software and was very happy with it. I used it for both auction & snake. Their ipad software showed promise. I wouldn't use it for a high value league but bet it would be useful otherwise.
                          I've used the software from RotoWire. RotoWire is my friend. But you, RotoWire, are no RotoLab.
                          What's the rumpus?

Comment

I have used a few draft software in my time. From John Benson's to Rotowire to a few I forgot. But by far Rotolab is the best.
                            10 team 5x5 NL only non Keeper 20 active Roster 5 man reserve 260 dollars

Comment

Is there a software program that is recommended if one does not want to use the HQ projections (gasp!)? I like to do my own. But I don't like to do my own software development! So if Rotolab, or Rotowire, or Rotochamp, or Fantastics, or Benson, or Patton or DiamondDraft or the BP PFM had a program that would easily let me import my own projection set (versus, saving changes which I make to theirs) that also had draft tracking and team managing functionality I would buy it in a heartbeat. But it seems like most come welded to their own set of projections.
                              http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

I have not made any changes yet to the BHQ loaded data on Rotolab yet, but I am seeing differences in player values (5x5) on the Rotolab software versus what is on the BHQ site (same projections on both); in some cases very different.

A sample of AL pitchers seems to indicate a narrower range of values on Rotolab than the BHQ website; some examples are

Darvish $29, Uehara $22, Iwakuma $17, Arroyo $12, and Nolasco $9 on rotolab whereas we get
                                Darvish $32, Uehara $31, Iwakuma $21, Arroyo $7, and Nolasco $1 on BHQ website. (

A sample of AL hitters shows that they are usually with $1-3 different but then you find something like the following:

Will Myers is $22 on the software and $20 on BHQ website and then a similarly valued player, Joe Mauer, is $20 on the software and $23 on the BHQ website.

I assume that the pricing formulas are different (big impact on someone like Uehara or Nolasco), which raises the question if we are downloading BHQ data why wouldn't we have BHQ pricing formulas as default. What is the softwares default based on?

Are all these differences due to pricing differences?

Comment

Working...
                                X