Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft software

Default Draft software

Fairly new to Baseball HQ joined mid season this past year. Is there a draft software that Baseball HQ recomends or is tied to? Does anyone have software that they recomend? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

The one and only Rotolab.
    18 team H2H Hybrid-Dynasty League - 6x6 R,RBI,HR,AVG,SB,BB/W,K,ERA,WHIP,SV,HLD
    $100M Salary Cap - Salaries change yearly based on performance

Rotolab is a separate company, not affiliated with BaseballHQ, but that's the draft software we recommend. It includes a method to download the BaseballHQ projections and we offer a discount for it (but I can't locate the link to that page right now). If I recall correctly, it's usually mid-January before Rotolab is ready for the upcoming season.
    ďAdvertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

Rotolab is in securely in first place and all the rest tie for last place. And it ain't even close. Buy Rotolab and thank us later.
    What's the rumpus?

I'm surprised that someone has not started the Annual "When is Rotolab available?" thread.

+ 1,000,000
    We have a pool and a pond - the pond would be good for you

Still hoping for a Mac version of Rotolab. Sounded like it was getting close last spring. Have tried using Parallels on my Macbook but I'm just too dumb--and too old?--to really make it work.

I know Merv is still working on the Mac version.

Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor0430 View Post
    Fairly new to Baseball HQ joined mid season this past year. Is there a draft software that Baseball HQ recomends or is tied to? Does anyone have software that they recomend? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.
    Write your own
    20 Team Dynasty Mixed

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm just too dumb--and too old?--to really make it work.
    Nonsense, you're not too old!
    What's the rumpus?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tom View Post
    Nonsense, you're not too old!
    Good point. I was trying to minimize the too dumb part.

I'd like to join the chorus "ROTOLAB" User Friendly, Reasonably Priced, and Customer Support is Steller !!

Dunedin, FL within 5 miles of Jays and Phils spring training

Quote Originally Posted by Bill44 View Post
    I'd like to join the chorus "ROTOLAB" User Friendly, Reasonably Priced, and Customer Support is Steller !!
    +1 on the Customer Service. I don't think Merv ever takes a day off.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Not true, we went to Disney World last year, never checked email while we were gone! Yes, a little after mid-January, same as past years. The last several organizational reports are posted about a week before the release.

Quote Originally Posted by pate View Post
    Not true, we went to Disney World last year, never checked email while we were gone! Yes, a little after mid-January, same as past years. The last several organizational reports are posted about a week before the release.
    Hey - we did not give you permission to spend time with your family - well maybe one day a year I'd okay - you're the best an deserve a better ball club
    We have a pool and a pond - the pond would be good for you

Does anyone have a sack that will fit over my avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by mexipat View Post
    +1 on the Customer Service. I don't think Merv ever takes a day off.
    +2. Merv has always responded to my (mostly dumb) questions in nano-seconds.

Agreed.. Rotolab is #1 by a mile and I'm always amazed at how quickly (and how patiently) Merv replies to my dumb questions.

I wished my wife shared your sentiments! ;-)

Merv, are you saying you aren't always patient replying to your wife's dumb questions? We're going to get you into more trouble.
    ďAdvertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

When it comes to computers.....wow, like two kids in a sandbox. She can almost feel me trying to guide her mouse with my arm gestures. Not pretty......

Is Rotolab something you buy once, then feed the HQ data (or your own) into it every year or do you have to pay for Rotolab s/w every year?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeat View Post
    Is Rotolab something you buy once, then feed the HQ data (or your own) into it every year or do you have to pay for Rotolab s/w every year?
    You buy it every year. And it's awesome.

It's an annual license. It's a small, niche market, no viable way to sell it once and rely on volume sales like you can with mass appeal programs. But I usually put a lot of effort into providing new features in each year and the developer (me) is available about 16/7 for questions if you get hung up.

Thanks for the kudos, Ray.

I am excited to see the new version today! (or soon)