Deleting Your Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Your Own Thread

Is there a way to delete your own thread? Obviously, not something you'd want to do very often, but I posted one recently where due to being in a hurry, it was a muddled mess. This was confirmed by the first responder, who suggested a heavy edit. Since only a few people had even viewed it, and since I wanted to change the Title, too, I thought, I'll just delete it, but I couldn't figure out how.

Instead, I replaced the entire text with new text in an Edit, noted the reason for the edit, and then added comment at the bottom to be clear it was totally rewritten. By the time I got it done, perhaps 20 people had read it with no reply, and not being able to change the title at least, or delete it and create a new post, leaves a good chance those 20 may not view it again.

Is there a way to delete a thread you started yourself?
    10 Team, 14+9, NL Only, 4x4, 2-Year Ultra League (draft year, final year if not signed, back to draft pool), Up to 12 Keepers

12 Team, Mixed 5x5, Head to Head, Redraft
    C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UT UT SP SP RP RP P P P P; 5 Bench, 4 IL

No, there isn't. I believe only the moderators can delete a thread or edit the title.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

If it's the thread I responded to, it wasn't THAT bad.
      I was just suggesting tightening up a bit, since I kind of do that for a living.

Good question, but I wouldn't sweat it...
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Thanks Howie, I did not take it badly, but in the spirit you offered. I am only so hard on myself because I knew it wasn't coming together but rushed it out anyway. I often skip commenting on posts like mine because they take too much work to understand, and even then, you're not sure you really know what's really being asked. In essence, I wrote a post I wouldn't have replied to. Lesson learned, moving on.
        10 Team, 14+9, NL Only, 4x4, 2-Year Ultra League (draft year, final year if not signed, back to draft pool), Up to 12 Keepers

12 Team, Mixed 5x5, Head to Head, Redraft
        C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UT UT SP SP RP RP P P P P; 5 Bench, 4 IL

Comment

Working...
        X