Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "What's New?" button is not working.

I'm seeing the same thing on IE10 too, bankerboy.
    “Advertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

For me, Google chrome refreshes the new posts button IE 10 does not.

Having a hard time reproducing this... can you paste me the URL that the button is sending you to? (not after you click the link, but before you click the link)

Thanks

I'm using IE9 right now.

Before I click on the new posts button, thelink is: http://forums.baseballhq.com/showthread.php?80881-The-quot-What-s-New-quot-button-is-not-working&p=783627#post783627
    After I click on the new posts button, thelink is: http://forums.baseballhq.com/search.php?searchid=93030
    However, I still see (in a less prominentfont) the threads that I have read recently). Also, in the blue bar that begins with "Search" to the right I get this message showing that it didn't really perform the search again: Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 9 minute(s) ago.

If it has been a couple hours or more, it will do a new search. Before this bug, it would always perform a new search.
    Last edited by Michael@HQ; 04-15-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    “Advertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

OK. Could you also right click on "What's new" and "copy link" (or something to that similar type of text) so I can see where the page is exactly linking you?

Right clicking on What's New and then Copy Shortcut, and then pasting it here:
    http://forums.baseballhq.com/search....e=vBForum_Post

FWIW, this issue continues to be a problem for me...
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

same for me
    16-team Mixed 6x6 non-keeper snake draft

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” (Tweeted from StephenHawking@StephenHawking on April 5, 2008

Craig, Doc, can you try again? I may have found (and fixed) a problem with your accounts. Let me know if it's better.

Still issues for me...I'll try logging out and back in and see if that helps.
    -Bill Lyon

Nope...didn't help
    -Bill Lyon

FYI, here is a screen shot of one of the 2 errors which happens when I hit "New Posts". I'll try and post a screenshot of the other if/when that one happens

bhq error.jpg
    -Bill Lyon

Here's the other error message I get. There were, in fact, new posts to view when I got this message.
    bhq error 2.jpg
    -Bill Lyon

Default The "What's New?" button is not working.

I get the same 2 messages

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” (Tweeted from StephenHawking@StephenHawking on April 5, 2008

Same
    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Going to do an upgrade to the forums in the next day or so, let's see if that resolves otherwise we'll keep digging on this. Sorry for the delay!

This issue is still going on. it doesn't prevent me from using the forums, but is a real pain. is there no progress on this?

Unfortunately, it's not happening to anyone who might be able to debug it when it does happen. I'm not sure if Mike did the forum upgrade mentioned in his last post above, but there was some hope that might help. Sorry, just don't have much to go on at this point.

Update: the forum upgrade Mike mentioned above hasn't been done yet. We'll do that this week and see if it helps.

Happening to me again today.
    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln