Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "What's New?" button is not working.

Default The "What's New?" button is not working.

Could it be just me?

Here's the error message I keep getting:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

works great for me.
    18 team H2H Hybrid-Dynasty League - 6x6 R,RBI,HR,AVG,SB,BB/W,K,ERA,WHIP,SV,HLD
    $100M Salary Cap - Salaries change yearly based on performance

interesting. Confirmed that it does not work for me today. Has always worked fine before.

it's working now!

I probably should know this, but is there a difference between the "What's New?" button and the "New Posts" button?
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

not working for me. Or I should say sporadically not working.
    16-team Mixed 6x6 non-keeper snake draft

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” (Tweeted from StephenHawking@StephenHawking on April 5, 2008

still not working for me.

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” (Tweeted from StephenHawking@StephenHawking on April 5, 2008

Try "Mark all Forums Read" and then see if it starts working after that.

still not working. Yesterday was the first time. I get sorry no matches error.

What happens if you choose "New Posts" instead of "Whats new?". Same thing?

yes same thing.

Actually, I'm not getting a strange message when I hit new posts. Usually, after I hit "Mark all Read", and then hit "New Posts", I'll get a message saying basically "nothing new to see here". Now, I got the message "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts. " and then a string of threads that have all been marked as read.
    -Bill Lyon

When I click on New Posts, it still shows posts that I have just read instead of only the posts that I haven't read since my last visit.
    “Advertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

Yeah...it's working only sporadically for me at this point.
    -Bill Lyon

back tonormal for me today but I"m at home today (out sick from work) and I've not been able to duplicate this issue from my computer at home.

My work computer is IE, my home computer's browser is Safari.

till not working for me. Works correct once. Then either 2 things. I get the Sorry nothing matches message or it lists the threads again, including the ones I just looked at earlier.

this is still not working for me. It works once, then I go back an hour later and when I click new messages it gives me the same list as an hour before.

If you click "new posts" instead of "whats new", are the results any different?

Quote Originally Posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    If you click "new posts" instead of "whats new", are the results any different?
    Same issues with New Posts button.

Seems to happen more at work (PC / IE)and I haven't experienced this issue at home (Mac/Safari)

Cleared cache/cookies? I use Firefox primarily, maybe why I have not experienced this. What version of IE at work?

I am not sure but it is the same as I had last week. Were there changes/updates to the forum programs?

No recent changes that I'm aware of.

My problems with the new posts button happen both on IE8 and IE9.
    “Advertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

well obviously there is some problem. Both my work and my home computer same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael@HQ View Post
    When I click on New Posts, it still shows posts that I have just read instead of only the posts that I haven't read since my last visit.
    I had the brief "no matches" error, but I now typically get what Michael noted. (IE 10)
    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln