Openings in NL-only and AL-only online rotisserie leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Openings in NL-only and AL-only online rotisserie leagues

Monsters of the NL News and One League Too Many are loosely-affiliated online keeper leagues, although there are slight rules differences between the two. (For the most part, the rules in both are based on the Book rules.) Monsters goes back to the late eighties, I believe, and OLTM is entering its eighth year. Monsters is NL-only and OLTM is AL-only. Both are 5x5 and conduct their auctions in live chat rooms. There are no fees for transactions beyond the initial membership buy-in. These are low-stakes leagues, so you aren't going to be out much if you want to try out a strategy that you'd be reluctant to use in a league that called for payment of serious money.

The only thing a bit quirky about these leagues is that we use a transactions system that operates over two days each week. On Mondays, we announce successful waiver claims and FAABs. On Tuesdays, we allow owners to pick from the remaining free agents for natural roster openings. (The rationale is that, with weekly transactions, an owner whose FAABs and waivers all were unsuccessful might find himself or herself without an active player in an open spot for a full week. The Tuesday FA claims opportunity lets the owner see how he or she does on Monday before filling in on Tuesday if necessary. It's not complicated and, I promise, you'd get the hang of it quickly.)

Monsters needs to replace one owner and, perhaps, a second. The fee in Monsters is $50 plus your pro-rata share of the Onroto.com service, which was about $9 last year. The auction usually occurs on the Sunday of "traditional" draft weekend, i.e., the first full weekend after Opening Day.

In OLTM, there is much greater turnover, i.e., we may need as many as five new owners if we want to keep the ownership level at 12. (We could go with 10 teams and 25-man rosters, if it comes to that.) The fees are peanuts, i.e., $25 plus the pro-rata apportionment of Onroto.com's charges. The auction date "officially" has been the Saturday or Sunday of Opening Day weekend, but, most years, we've actually conducted it on a midweek evening (expanding to two nights if necessary). I was advocating for an auction date of Sunday, March 31, but have been informed that's Easter and at least one or two of our existing owners can't make it that day. Therefore, we'll have to pick an alternate date in a few weeks.

We have some HQ guys in each league and they do well. If I had to pick one league as the more "sophisticated," I'd have to say it's Monsters, but there are some excellent, attentive owners in OLTM who you'd be proud to beat.

If you're interested, please private message me or email me at MikeRubin2@aol.com. Thanks for your attention.
    Last edited by Mike Rubin; 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM.

It appears that Monsters is full, although the final selection of the new owner will have to wait for determination until after our auction day is set, as the potential owners have differing conflicts with different possible auction dates. OLTM, however, still is crying out for new owners, as we've only gotten one commitment thus far. Anyone want to take a flyer on a low-stakes league that can be a place to test strategies that you wouldn't try in a higher stakes league?

Comment

sent you a PM
      AL-only 12tm keeper (OBA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
      AL-only 10tm ultra (BA, HR,RBI, R, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
      NL-only 11tm keeper/ultra (OBA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, W. Sv)
      NL-only 10tm keeper/ultra (BA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)

Comment

PhillyPB, thanks Got the PM and responded to it.

Comment

Still need at least one and ideally three for OLTM. The earlier we fill the spots, the earlier we can conduct a dispersal draft to stock the new owners' teams.

Comment

sent you a pm
            20 Team Dynasty Mixed

Comment

Thanks. Got your PM and replied to it.

Comment

There is one last opening in OLTM. We have set the auction for Wednesday and (if needed) Thursday nights, April 3 and 4, starting at 8 pm Eastern and having a hard stop at midnight Eastern each night. If you are interested and can make the auction, please let me know ASAP. We are starting our dispersal draft on Monday, February 18, and need to lock down the owner list by that time. Thanks for your interest!

Comment

And we are full, at last.

Comment

Ooooops. We may have an opening in the AL, after all, due to a potential auction night conflict. If interested, please contact me. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Mike Rubin; 02-13-2013, 02:17 AM.

Comment

And again we appear to be full.

Comment

Working...
                      X