Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold4 Dynasty Access to 2013 Forecaster PDF

Default Gold4 Dynasty Access to 2013 Forecaster PDF

Ray: I am unable to download the 2013 Forecaster PDF. Why? I am an ongoing Gold4 Dynasty member and assume that my general login and password will work to do so. Jan R. Armstrong

Same here.
    I right-click the link, it downloads a generic html document, and when opened it says "access denied". According to my email receipt from 11/8, I am indeed a Gold 4 Dynasty member.
    thanks
    Last edited by manalishi99; 11-20-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Mike K says he just fixed something, try again and let us know if still stuck. We'll get it figured out.

Ray,
    Still won't download

Romo - what is the exact problem you are having?

I'm getting a message that it couldn't be downloaded.

Is it a BaseballHQ access denied page or an issue with the web browser? What browser are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Terguson View Post
    I'm getting a message that it couldn't be downloaded.
    Same here

have you guys just tried clicking on it instead of right clicking?
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

In Internet Explorer I get the above message. It is not a Baseball HQ message. If I simply click on the link I get the option to Open, Save, or Save As. None of those options work, as it simply goes nowhere when trying to download it. If you're just trying to view it you're still doing the same thing as saving it. It's a connection issue with the HQ server it seems.

Don't know, was able to successfully download on my iphone/ipad and macbook
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

same issue here.
    16 team mixed dynasty 5X5 head to head. 28 man major league roster. 20 man minor league roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Terguson View Post
    In Internet Explorer I get the above message. It is not a Baseball HQ message. If I simply click on the link I get the option to Open, Save, or Save As. None of those options work, as it simply goes nowhere when trying to download it. If you're just trying to view it you're still doing the same thing as saving it. It's a connection issue with the HQ server it seems.
    Sounds like a browser security setting that's preventing you from having the access rights to download the file to your PC. Are you able to download a file from another site? Try relaxing your browser security settings, see if that helps.

I can open ithe PDF in iPad. How can I save it? or do I need to do so?
    Teams
    1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
    2. Rocky's Bullwinkles, CrashTest Dummies - 2 NL only Mendoza League teams
    3. Desperate Measures - an AL only Mendoza Leagues team - 2012 Champion
    4. Hard Times - 24 team Dynasty League, H2H points scoring
    5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion
    6. Sundry other teams too numerous to mention

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

Yes, you need to save it, but you need to save it "to" somewhere... like an App. Along the top bar you should get a prompt like "Open in..." or "Save to". You can then direct the file to an app like iBooks, DropBox, a PDF viewer, etc. Then, once you're reading somewhere other than your web browser, that should mean you have it saved locally and aren't reading it off the website every time.

If you don't get any such prompt, it may mean you don't have a suitable app.

It's being opened in iBooks and I can read it there but I don't seem to get that "save as..." feature. However, I do have a PDF reader installed so if I can figure out how to download it, I will be able to read it.
    Teams
    1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
    2. Rocky's Bullwinkles, CrashTest Dummies - 2 NL only Mendoza League teams
    3. Desperate Measures - an AL only Mendoza Leagues team - 2012 Champion
    4. Hard Times - 24 team Dynasty League, H2H points scoring
    5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion
    6. Sundry other teams too numerous to mention

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

I turned off all of my security settings related to Internet Explorer and still could not download it. JRA

Here's my IE8 message.

"Internet Explorer cannot download...eball-forecaster-pdf-download from www.baseballhq.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

Curious that it isn't displaying the entire website name. Perhaps the site name is too long for certain browsers? (Assuming that the ... isn't just a truncation from the error message.)
    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

I am having the same issues as bankerboy. Our tech guy at my office couldnt download the file and he has no restrictions on his browser!

I was able to view it using Google Chrome at home last night and this morning, but can't view it on IE8 at work now.

I have tried to get it on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox. All are no go's.

OK, our tech staff obviously has some more work to do. Bear with us. Might be tonight before we have another update. If we need to come up with an alternate way to distribute it, we'll do so. Sorry for the problems here, I know it's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by PRHood View Post
    It's being opened in iBooks and I can read it there but I don't seem to get that "save as..." feature. However, I do have a PDF reader installed so if I can figure out how to download it, I will be able to read it.
    I was able to email it to myself via the iBooks app on the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    OK, our tech staff obviously has some more work to do. Bear with us. Might be tonight before we have another update. If we need to come up with an alternate way to distribute it, we'll do so. Sorry for the problems here, I know it's frustrating.

Not a problem Ray, thanks for following up on this. We'll get the book soon enough.
    16 team mixed dynasty 5X5 head to head. 28 man major league roster. 20 man minor league roster.

When trying to access this with Firefox the message I get is:

Firefox can't find the file at http://www.baseballhq.com/2013-baseb...r-pdf-download.