An improvement for the CDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An improvement for the CDG

Currently, the CDG is rather flawed from my point of view. Although I am impressed with the website GUI... I actually wish you would fix the CDG. I have brought this up for the last 3 years with no change.

The flaw is all centered around the Pitcher criteria on the input sheet. It assumes SP and RP are the same. Although in many leagues, you could put in any type of pitcher into a pitcher slot, many other leagues require a minimum number of RP.

So if I have a 11 team league (it works with all numbers...this is just what I input for an example) and 9 P per team, only 8 RP total appear above the 0 value. While this might seem helpful, it actually skews all the dollar values.

Why don't you ask how many SP and how many RP are required? I know this can be done because I have to do this on a separate spreadsheet to calculate the values because the CDG can't.

Is someone telling you that it can't be done? Too complicated? Seriously? You already ask for what % is spent on hitting. Everything else is calculation work :
    • Sort the pitchers by whatever criteria you choose to create a list of SP and RP.
    • Multiply teams by number of required players for SP and RP
    • Using the % spent on hitters from the input sheet...calculate the hitter values as you do now.
    • The remaining money is spent on the SP and RP
    • Plot
    I do this now on an excel spreadsheet. Seriously, whoever is telling you this is too complicated to program...is exaggerating.

As it stands now, your CDG is directional at best because I have to reproduce my own draft guide for my auction.

You do a great job on this site. But after bringing this up for so many years...I would expect some movement on something so important.

Please take this in the right vein : I like what you do, but if you fix this, it would really save time, rather than focusing on better graphics.
    League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

This is on the to-do list. We didn't get to it for this draft season, but we do understand the need. That's the best I can do right now; sorry.

Comment

Thanks Ray. Just want to be heard. It really isn't that tough.... Good luck this year with your teams.
      League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

Working...
      X