CDG Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG Question

We switched our league from 12 to 13 teams this year. When making the adjustments in the CDG, it substantialy increases the value of all first baseman while slightly decreasing the value of all other players. Can anyone explain this? For reference, we have a standard 5x5 league with OBP instead of average. Thanks
    13 team, mixed, roto, 5x5, $200 cap, keeper league
    Offense: OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB Pitching: WHIP, ERA, K's, W, SV

AL-only? If so, might be a function of all of the 1b talent in the AL this year compared to last. If you're saying that running the CDG for 12 teams and then 13 back-to-back shows a spike in 1B values, then no, I don't have a good sense for why that would happen. Would need to look at your specific settings more closely.

Comment

Yes, it is back-to-back that is showing a spike. Specific details: 13 team mixed. R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP. ERA, WHIP, K, W, SV. Top Player. $200 cap 70% Offense. C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util. 9 P. 3 Bench. These are the specs I put in the CDG, I use the same settings with the 12 team league. Try it and tell me what you think.
      13 team, mixed, roto, 5x5, $200 cap, keeper league
      Offense: OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB Pitching: WHIP, ERA, K's, W, SV

Comment

With no corner/middle type positions and two util positions, I suspect what's happening is that most of the "extra" players being taken by the extra team are 1Bs... you're only adding one team, but between 1B, UT, UT, you're probably getting 3 extra 1B rostered. That's driving this behavior.

Comment

Working...
        X