Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The New BHQ!

in the stat section some of the numbers dont align correctly in their columns

2009 line missing number(s) ... stray numbers between 2009 and 2010

Ah. got it, was only happening in IE, not my Firefox. Fixed.

Am certainly a bit late to this party, but just thought I'd say the new look suits. Haven't been on for awhile, and it took this old subscriber a little time getting used to it, but I like it. Well done. Hope you've all had a good offseason - it clearly was a busy one.
    /Tom

Welcome back, Tom. It's good to see your smiling avatar again!
    ďAdvertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

Ray - still no go on the F/F printing?

It's been fixed on our dev system but is tied into some other print-related fixes that aren't ready to go yet.

i also noticed while playing around with different browsers - IE and Firefox -

IE i noticed today all of the articles pages for 3/22 run over the right margin ... :-(

Firefox printing does seem to fit the page ... however, the font is magnifying glass small. do you know how to make bigger for reading/printing off-line?

There are browser specific print options to explore, but I can't tell you specifically.

All pages now run-off the right margin when printing .... ???

TS, we resolved the bullet issue on Friday. I just printed a F/F and today's PT Today. Both look perfect, from both Internet Explorer and Firefox (we may still have some issues in Chrome, I haven't checked that). What browser are you using? Are you doing something odd with your own margin settings or something? I think we have done all we can on this side. What you're seeing now has to be specific to you.

the same things happens - here at work and at home, both IE and Firefox, different printers, etc ...

Clarification - using IE 8 and Firefox 10

IE - print runs off the right hand margin

Firefox - does fit the page, however, with what looks to be a 6 pt font ... very very tiny

I'm using IE8 and FF 10 and it's absolutely fine here. Yes, the font is small, but I don't think it's 6pt. I think you have some settings in play that are overriding ours. Sorry I can't be more help. Like I said, we've done what we can here. Only so much of the printing process is controlled from our side, then local printer/browser settings come into play. That's where you are now.

thing is, through all of this, i have not changed any settings ... i wish i knew how, if so maybe i wouldnt be having these problems ... my guess others are either not printing oor not saying anything ... you have tried and had succes ... have you tried different computers, printers, etc.??

btw - wonder if the bullet 'fix' is not causing all of the text to overrun the right margin?

I've tried, other HQ staffers have tried, our developers have tried. We believe it's working.

anyone else think the site is running a little slow these days? Both at home and work it seems to take a few seconds to change pages within the site.
    15 team mixed keeper league. $300 salary cap. 6x6(normal 5x5 categories + OPS and holds). 25 man rosters. We can keep a max of 5 players (contracts vary but max is 3 years).

It's definitely our biggest two weeks of the year in terms of volume. We've been doing some tuning in the background trying to keep it peppy, but you'll definitely see it a little slower now than you would in, say, November.

Ray - could the bullet 'fix' be un-fixed? Before the fix i only had to copy and paste the F/F articles, now i have to copy and paste all articles to print.
    Please?

No, I'm sorry, it can't. If other people tell me it's not working, that's one thing, I'll get that looked at. But we put a number of days of development time into cleaning up the printing of both articles, the draft guides, and the draft grid. The printing code for all of those things is shared. I can't just pull out one piece of it in the way you're suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Can't disable it, no. But we're trying to make it a little less sensitive.
    Regarding the drop down bar...it's driving me crazy. It really makes the whole site difficult to use. Maybe they can move it up to the very top or something?
    Andy K
    New York, NY

OK, we've put a one-second delay on the top popup menu now. I think it's a lot more forgiving as a result. Curious to know what you guys think.

Great job on the revamp. Some tweaks suggested: List the new on bbhq items in text as well as 'scrolling pictures at the top" - at work desktop have to wait for them as little circle buttons below dont show.
    Always have to log in at forums - and that damn facebook icon covers where I type in user name.
    mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
    5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
    8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
    8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
    3 Minors keepers +$1/year

HS... shouldn't have to log in to the forums every time. There's a "remember me" box next to the username/password boxes, try that. If that's not working, it's a cookie permission issue that's tripping you.

I'd still love to skip the drop down picture bar thing and just go with a list of today's new stories. "it's 4/4 and here they are: facts/flukes, Rotisserie, etc.. "

keep it simple. I frequently read this on my android phone and the scrolling photo thing just makes me curse. Thanks!