Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 205

Thread: The New BHQ!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC96 View Post
    I have noticed more "spam posts" showing up in the forums. Not a bid deal just annoying.
    Yeah, we're working on securing ourselves from these, and deleting as they pop up in the meantime. Hopefully a short-term annoyance.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    how do you change your usernaem

    i got into a couple leagues with fellow BBHQers and I dont need them recognizing me when I'm asking questions

    any help here?

    i've changed my avatar but can't find a sport to change usename

    thanks
    Send me a PM with your email address and what you want your name changed to. I can take care of it.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    26,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC96 View Post
    I have noticed more "spam posts" showing up in the forums. Not a bid deal just annoying.
    The moderators have been trying to stomp them out promptly. They seem to be restricted to the Unclassified Ads forum.
    ďAdvertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dalton, Mass.
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OleBamaDude View Post
    I spent several hours tonight and think the new site is pretty terrific. Much more sensible arrangement. Navigation will be a breeze. Looks like nothing has been lost in the transition either, though I still have some places to go. Great job guys! Congratulations are certainly in order.
    Ditto! Well done!

  5. #105

    Default

    I'm not sold on this new site yet. What I always liked about HQ was it was meat and potatoes, not fluff. Every other website was fluff with less meat. Why do we need a picture of a player which causes us to have to scroll down the page for the meat? We all know what player's look like. I liked the old site where I clicked to HQ and had all the recent articles were listed in date order from top to bottom. I could do what I had to do in minimal time. I loved this site because the info was right there. This new site is now like all the others where you have to parse through worthless info to find what was so easy before. Seriously, every time I click to the site my blood pressure goes up because all I see is a big ole headline with a picture of a player. I don't want pictures. We are serious fantasy players on this site. Just give me the info.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    7,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conyo View Post
    I'm not sold on this new site yet. What I always liked about HQ was it was meat and potatoes, not fluff. Every other website was fluff with less meat. Why do we need a picture of a player which causes us to have to scroll down the page for the meat? We all know what player's look like. I liked the old site where I clicked to HQ and had all the recent articles were listed in date order from top to bottom. I could do what I had to do in minimal time. I loved this site because the info was right there. This new site is now like all the others where you have to parse through worthless info to find what was so easy before. Seriously, every time I click to the site my blood pressure goes up because all I see is a big ole headline with a picture of a player. I don't want pictures. We are serious fantasy players on this site. Just give me the info.

    I'd somewhat second this. There's a lot more scrolling/scanning/clicking involved to locate newly added content, and the Leading Indicators box is probably more prominent than it needs to be as well.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    MACK report summary totals are back!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Why do I have to log in to the forums after logging in to the main site?

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydwicker View Post
    Why do I have to log in to the forums after logging in to the main site?
    It's been this way for years, since we have had the forums... not new to the new site. Our old system didn't allow for integration with the forum software. It's something we might be able to consolidate in the future.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    28,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydwicker View Post
    Why do I have to log in to the forums after logging in to the main site?
    Really? I haven't had that problem. I usually log into the site and then open another tab with the forums and its fine. I actually hit the drop down in my history with firefox and no problems.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by circle360 View Post
    Really? I haven't had that problem. I usually log into the site and then open another tab with the forums and its fine. I actually hit the drop down in my history with firefox and no problems.
    If you click the 'remember me' box when you log in to the forums, you should only have to log in if you clear your browser cache, or when the login expires... which is every few months.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    28,881

    Default

    Good point. I forgot that I clicked the remember me box. Makes life simpler.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    The new site is good, but I'm still trying to feel my way around. One thing I noticed that is really bothering me for example-

    I love FACTS&FLUKES and when I click on it to get a listing it's only showing 6 of them. I need to see all of them. I read each day but when I setup for my auction I reread them ALL and highlight players accordingly in Rotolab using the Player Flags.

    Please tell me I can access all of the articles that apply to the 2012 season analysis.

    Also I can't seem to find the articles I was reading in December regarding each position and the "breakout" targets broken down by each position I recall it being top 10s. Where can I find this?
    League #1 CBS
    16 team mixed H2H Points ALL PLAY - dynasty auction w/ multi year contracts & minor leagues

    Start- C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, (4) OF, Util, (5) SP,(2) RP,(8) BENCH, (4) DL, (8) MINORS
    Batting-HR- 3.50---3B-4.00---2B- 2.50---1B- 1.25---BB,R,RBI,SB- 1
    Pitching-QS- 6 pts---W- 5 (3 for RP)---Save- 5---BS <2> ---Hold- 3---IP- 1.65---K- 1---Hit/BB allow- <0.35>---ER allow- <1.50>

    League #2 YAHOO
    20 team H2H CATS- keep 10
    Start
    - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, (3) OF, Util, (2) SP,(2) RP, (2) P,(5) BENCH, (2) DL
    Batting- R,H, HR, RBI, SB, AVE, OBP,OPS
    Pitching- W,L,SV,BB,K,HLD,ERA,WHIP


  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markinsand View Post
    The new site is good, but I'm still trying to feel my way around. One thing I noticed that is really bothering me for example-

    I love FACTS&FLUKES and when I click on it to get a listing it's only showing 6 of them. I need to see all of them. I read each day but when I setup for my auction I reread them ALL and highlight players accordingly in Rotolab using the Player Flags.

    Please tell me I can access all of the articles that apply to the 2012 season analysis.

    Also I can't seem to find the articles I was reading in December regarding each position and the "breakout" targets broken down by each position I recall it being top 10s. Where can I find this?
    Getting more results with the F/F (and other similar column pages) is on the to-do list. For now, though, try the search engine. Typing in FACTS/FLUKES (exactly as it appears in the title) should get you what you're looking for.

    Not exactly sure which "breakout" series you're looking for, but it might be Jock's KEEPERS. Try that in the search tool and see if that's what you had in mind.

    As we've mentioned, the search tool is MUCH better than the old site ...

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    For those Jock articles, searching DYNASTY RELOAD will do the trick.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    thanks Ray!
    League #1 CBS
    16 team mixed H2H Points ALL PLAY - dynasty auction w/ multi year contracts & minor leagues

    Start- C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, (4) OF, Util, (5) SP,(2) RP,(8) BENCH, (4) DL, (8) MINORS
    Batting-HR- 3.50---3B-4.00---2B- 2.50---1B- 1.25---BB,R,RBI,SB- 1
    Pitching-QS- 6 pts---W- 5 (3 for RP)---Save- 5---BS <2> ---Hold- 3---IP- 1.65---K- 1---Hit/BB allow- <0.35>---ER allow- <1.50>

    League #2 YAHOO
    20 team H2H CATS- keep 10
    Start
    - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, (3) OF, Util, (2) SP,(2) RP, (2) P,(5) BENCH, (2) DL
    Batting- R,H, HR, RBI, SB, AVE, OBP,OPS
    Pitching- W,L,SV,BB,K,HLD,ERA,WHIP


  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    What happened to the Mayberry article I saw this morning ?

  18. #118
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomar View Post
    What happened to the Mayberry article I saw this morning ?
    Accidentally published early, briefly. It's Ron's column for tomorrow, will re-appear in the AM.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    The "add player to MACK team" function in Playerlink has been restored.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Wow - missed one day (friday 2/17) on the site ... and not sure what exactly i missed ... with the new layout it is not at all easy to find articles that were missed ... the old site you just scrolled down and were able to easily see articles read/not read .... :-(

    Any motion on being able to print articles easier? Copying to print is getting to be a pain ...

  21. #121
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    Printing is fixed. If you print now, you'll get the body of the article but not the picture or the comments.

    As far as missed articles... we don't have an easy way to search by date. But between the dates showing in the "Recent Headlines", "Latest From" areas and in the Top Menu headlines, it shouldn't be terribly time-consuming to spot the articles you missed. Also, if you're reading mostly daily, the links on the site that you have already visited should be purple, and the non-visited ones are orange. So that's a good visual queue to what you've missed.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Printing does work ... kind of ... if you like/can read 6 pt. text (my guess as to actual size - it's small)

    Still not sure i understand/like the purple/orange read/un-read system. if there are a bunch of articles on a given day, but you the prior days articles they are 'bumped' from the Recent News section, then you have to hunting. where as before you could easily scroll down the list of recent (a weeks worth i think it was) articles.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    The request for printing mods was to remove the pictures and comments; that's what we did. If there's a font size issue, I think you can fix that in your browser and or print settings.

    As for missing articles, right now the best tip I have is to use the "Latest From" boxes at the very bottom of the home page. There, the combination of organizing by section, with dates available and orange/purple indicators of what you have read, should give you a pretty clear view of anything you've missed recently.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    52

    Default

    i can get the printing to work ... kind of ... the pages i printed worked this morning after un-checking the 'shrink-to-fit'

    however, there were some pages that didnt quite work ... the pages that worked the text wrapped in each paragraph and printed nicely. Todays 'Playing Time' and 'Facts and Flukes' several lines (of text) didnt wrap/line-up with the paragraphs margin ... to print these i had to shrink the page.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    47,537

    Default

    We're using one global style-sheet on the printing options, so there shouldn't be any difference in that behavior article-to-article.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •