Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The New BHQ!

Quote Originally Posted by respess007 View Post
    KFFL news wire? I was like a robot clicking to it on the old site and never paid attention to the actual path. Not able to find today. Also, changing Avatar picture? Pls advise. Thanks.
    Is KFFL link is up? I searched the forums and the main site but do not see anything. Just wanted to see if I had missed it. Thanks again.
    NL Only, 8 Team, 6x6 (OPS/HLD), $330, 30 active roster, no bench, 17 keepers

Default cdg problem

After running a report through the CDG and switching to grid format, I'm unable to add point totals to the grid sheet. The other options, such as MM_code, work perfectly.

Also, are the dollar values on the left of the grid projected uniquely by BHQ or are they the standard dollar values that others in my league will also be working from?

*I'm in a head to head, points based league with a snake draft.

Thanks, sp

Is there an eta on when dollar values will be added to Playerlink and Player Projections

Quote Originally Posted by ORF5000 View Post
    Is there an eta on when dollar values will be added to Playerlink and Player Projections
    Hmm, we've fixed this like 3 times already and it keeps breaking. Will get it fixed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball006 View Post
    After running a report through the CDG and switching to grid format, I'm unable to add point totals to the grid sheet. The other options, such as MM_code, work perfectly.

Also, are the dollar values on the left of the grid projected uniquely by BHQ or are they the standard dollar values that others in my league will also be working from?

*I'm in a head to head, points based league with a snake draft.

Thanks, sp
    Add Points to Grid was fixed tonight, I believe. The grid values are specific to HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by respess007 View Post
    Is KFFL link is up? I searched the forums and the main site but do not see anything. Just wanted to see if I had missed it. Thanks again.
    Not yet.

$ values are back again, hopefully for good.

I got here as a way to post a comment. I don't like the fonts for the home page. That orange color is harder to read and it is a little harder to figure out what is new. That was easier/more intuitive under the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by SHBecker View Post
    I got here as a way to post a comment. I don't like the fonts for the home page. That orange color is harder to read and it is a little harder to figure out what is new. That was easier/more intuitive under the old system.
    I've read the HQ responses to those who don't like that it is difficult to determine which are the new articles, and your belief this will become easier for us as time progresses. But, to have to wait for several seconds to let the slide show go through the entire set of offerings is indeed a bit cumbersome. (Funny, that 20 years ago, we would think waiting ONLY 10-15 seconds is no big deal.) I think many of us would really like to see some change (maybe a drop down menu on the top (blue) level where "News, Skills, Research" is displayed). Something titled "Today's Articles", and when you click on it, all the new articles for the day drop down. I can very much appreciate the view that it will get easier for us, but I think this is one of those things where there may be an alternate, more satisfying solution for several of us who are too impatient to wait on the scrolling slide show.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Add Points to Grid was fixed tonight, I believe. The grid values are specific to HQ.
    Awesome, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LameBrain View Post
    I've read the HQ responses to those who don't like that it is difficult to determine which are the new articles, and your belief this will become easier for us as time progresses. But, to have to wait for several seconds to let the slide show go through the entire set of offerings is indeed a bit cumbersome. (Funny, that 20 years ago, we would think waiting ONLY 10-15 seconds is no big deal.) I think many of us would really like to see some change (maybe a drop down menu on the top (blue) level where "News, Skills, Research" is displayed). Something titled "Today's Articles", and when you click on it, all the new articles for the day drop down. I can very much appreciate the view that it will get easier for us, but I think this is one of those things where there may be an alternate, more satisfying solution for several of us who are too impatient to wait on the scrolling slide show.
    You don't have to wait for the thing to scroll, if you're too impatient. The dots at the bottom right of the pictures allow you to jump ahead manually in the show if you click on them. Or you can scroll down on the home page and check out the "latest from <each section> layout".

We made a conscious decision to get away from a "days of the week-driven" approach to headlines in this new design, and I don't think we're going to go back to that if we can all help it.

You don't have to wait for the thing to scroll, if you're too impatient. The dots at the bottom right of the pictures allow you to jump ahead manually in the show if you click on them. Or you can scroll down on the home page and check out the "latest from <each section> layout".

We made a conscious decision to get away from a "days of the week-driven" approach to headlines in this new design, and I don't think we're going to go back to that if we can all help it.
    Thanks! Was unaware of being able to click on the dots. That's most helpful to know.

The "BaseballHQ tools" menu up at the top of this page has been fixed, and I added "Stats and Projections" to that page. Enjoy!

Friday afternoon update on some of the more common issues reported this week:

The following issues have been resolved in the last few days:

$0 values in player projections are fixed.
    Rotowire/KFFL feeds are back (see News tab) - Rotowire feed is updating sporadically, should be fixed soon
    Forum 'BaseballHQ tools' links have been fixed
    Custom Draft Guide output display options fixed
    CDG CSV pitcher report fixed - now displays all pitchers, not just positively-valued ones
    dates have been added to 'recent headlines' (format will be changed
    (bunch of other fixes too, but these were the widely-reported issues)

We'll keep the fixes coming, thanks for your patience.

Default RSS Feeds Not Updating

Like the headline says. The RSS feeds are not showing any new articles after January 28, 2012. Please fix, thanks.

The old RSS feeds don't work anymore, but there are RSS feed icons at the bottom of all article pages/sections on the new site so you can re-subscribe.

Lightbulb New Site - Printing Options Please

Love the new site and always have enjoyed your content. I would really love it if you could offer different options for printing on each article:
    1. Full Print - as it appears on the screen
    2. Print without Images - would print without the large (2 x 3 inch) picture
    3. Print without images or comments - would contain the base article only.

Currently whenever I print, the images take one half a page and if comments given, it could add another half page plus. The print only uses two thirds of the page. Also, when printing pictures (even if only printing black & white), more ink is used.

Thanks for listening. I love baseballhq. Sincerely, Tools of Ignorance

If you use Safari, they have the "Reader" option which formats the page to just bring you the text without pictures (or menu items or ads, etc.) That would print clean.

Not sure if this exists for other browsers, but I'll bet Firefox has a similar extension available.

We will work on printer-friendly options going forward.

The old RSS feeds don't work anymore, but there are RSS feed icons at the bottom of all article pages/sections on the new site so you can re-subscribe.
    Actually, RSS still isn't working. If you resubscribe via the link to the new feed at the bottom of the home page (I don't see it on the other pages), you still don't get any of the new articles.

Thanks, I've since become aware of that. It's on our punchlist. Sorry for the delay.

Brainiac Guest

how do you change your usernaem

i got into a couple leagues with fellow BBHQers and I dont need them recognizing me when I'm asking questions

any help here?

i've changed my avatar but can't find a sport to change usename

thanks

I recall that Ray has changed subscribers' user names on the forums before, but I'm not sure how he has done it.
    ďAdvertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

The new site looks good, nice, etc.

However IMHO ... clunky and not as easy or convenient as the old format in finding new articles and going back to the old articles. i know its early, but so far miss the old layout ...

I have noticed more "spam posts" showing up in the forums. Not a bid deal just annoying.