The New BHQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stat Boy View Post
    One thing I'm not loving yet -- probably mostly because I'm not used to it -- is I can't, at a glance see what's new and what I've read. I really miss the old front page of the site where you could see at a quick glance what new had bee posted. It seemed I had to scan a dozen different menus and inspect the dates on the headlines to see what was there. Not very easy or intuitive. It's one thing the old site did very well, I thought.
    I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
      I also can not access forums.
      Make sure you are logged in, not just to BaseballHQ.com but to the forums themselves.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Quite like the new format - good job on the transition too.

One thing missing is the archive of the minor league rankings (just the 2012 ones there atm). Will these be ported over?

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel40 View Post
          I totally agree!
          Also agree on the viewing new articles..old way easier..in my opinion

Comment

Funny, we got tons of complaints about the old article structure. Couple of things on that:

- we should be able to get the change made so URLs turn a different color when you've read them. That will help.
            - there's a bit of a learning curve as to how site updates work. Give it a couple of weeks and I think you'll get a rhythm. Plus you'll see headlines and recognize that you've read them.
            - I think it will get easier when we're updating daily. Starting in about 2 weeks we'll have our daily updates of 4-5 articles a day. They'll basically all be in the slideshow on the main page. That's the only place you'll need to look, if you want one-stop shopping.

And yes, the old org reports, etc., will eventually get moved over here.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
              Funny, we got tons of complaints about the old article structure. Couple of things on that:

- we should be able to get the change made so URLs turn a different color when you've read them. That will help.

I think this will help a lot.

Comment

"Good to hear that one of our more "change-averse" users is receptive here. Thanks for the comment, Howie."

Every smart business knows that the best customers are the ones who insist on high standards, but try not to be unreasonable.

From a baseball stat website to a pizza place to a clothing store, a lot of customers walk away and never say why.

Different here in that it's an annual opt-in, but ultimately it still applies. HQ probably has a high satisfaction level, and attrition is inevitable just to the economy, but I'm sure many just walk away each year, leaving an issue that could have been addressed but it was never noted.

Just like the guy who stopped getting pizza at the corner joint because the waitress was obnoxious, but he never tells the owner.

Small business is fascinating that way.
                NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Overall, I like the new design, an obvious improvement. My main constructive criticism is that there is a slight "washed out" look to the site. I like the way the branding colors of blue and gold are consistently used but the combination of the gradation of the blue to white and the use of gold letters provides this washed out look and makes it hard to read, at least to my 54 year old eyes. It just seems that the text is not "popping" and I find that to be a visual distraction. Just my two cents.

Comment

Seems like a lot of advertising on the first screen. I see banner ads across the top of the page and the HQ store takes up a third of the page on the left. I did not notice it so much on my large screen monitor at home, but now that I am on the road with my laptop I find it annoying.

Dave C in KC

Comment

Another suggestion -- a section dedicated to changing player values?

Whose value went up the most this week, prompting a playerlink re-evaluation? And why?

Whose value took the greatest hit?

Like the stock market, week over week -- we could get a better feel for emerging values and the rationale behind them, rather than merely reading them in an article, where data for the most part, may have already been acted upon by owners in our leagues since it's past its freshness date and/or has already been spilled on other sources, some of which are widely-available and don't need a subscription. Free sites are killing me -- I wish most of them were like CBS. But that's for another day.
                      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Originally posted by JVR View Post
                        Another suggestion -- a section dedicated to changing player values?

Whose value went up the most this week, prompting a playerlink re-evaluation? And why?

Whose value took the greatest hit?

Like the stock market, week over week -- we could get a better feel for emerging values and the rationale behind them, rather than merely reading them in an article, where data for the most part, may have already been acted upon by owners in our leagues since it's past its freshness date and/or has already been spilled on other sources, some of which are widely-available and don't need a subscription. Free sites are killing me -- I wish most of them were like CBS. But that's for another day.
                        Needless to say, this isn't easy. We've got more than enough to do just to clean up the stuff that's already on the site (or is supposed to be). I appreciate the creativity, but let's hold thoughts like this for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                          Needless to say, this isn't easy. We've got more than enough to do just to clean up the stuff that's already on the site (or is supposed to be). I appreciate the creativity, but let's hold thoughts like this for a while.
                          Irrational exhuberance on my part. Will be kept in check from now on, point taken.
                          RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

I'm unable to enter thr the Custom Guides area. Even though I have signed on the forums, I get a message saying that as a Rotopass member I must sign into the forums & check the "remember Me' box. I had signed in, and roamed all the forums, BUT there was no Remember Me box to check. I tried 3 times, never a Remember box
                            Mike

Comment

When you log in to the forums, the 'remember me' box is immediately under the username field. Log out, you should see it when you log in again.

Comment

Found it, Thanks. White box, white print, on white ball made it tough on my old eyes
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X