Relief Pitchers in the Custom Draft Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief Pitchers in the Custom Draft Guide

Currently, when we set our league paramaters, we can only enter the total number of pitchers (SP+RP). That essentially means that leagues with 9 SPs (0 RPs) and 5 SPs and 4 RPs are treated the same. For instance, our league uses 5 SPs, 2 RPs, and 2 SP/RP, but most people aim for 5 SPs and 4 RPs as we allow daily changes. (Treating RPs and SPs as equals may explain why the best closers are only a few dollars, and the majority of closers are negative value for my league settings.) I learned to live with this last year as RPs were still relative to each other, but it was hard to assess the value of a given RP to any other position.

Can we expect any changes with regards to RPs this year? It also might make sense to enter the league's max innings as this does change the value of pitchers. (e.g., high max IP essentially means you can start more SPs; fewer IP means you need to be more selective about whom you start)

I know that an SP/RP split is on the wish list for CDG, but right now I can't commit to it getting done for this spring. Most of our tech resources right now are focused on the new web site, once that gets done and settled we'll assess what we still have time to do before draft season heats up.

Comment

Working...
    X