Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Leagues

Wow, hey Jon, can you post the full list of potential owners here. Help us keep it organized. Are we going to formulate an off-season site, like some people do on Pro-Boards? We may need to if we're going to do a draft. Give people a centralized place to find info and stay connected during the off-season

That seems like a really good idea Scott. Are you familiar with setting up sites like that? I have no experience in that regard.

I'll post a list later this evening.

For those who have shown interested in signing up, please email me at jonathan.oakes@att.net. That's the quickest way to get our email addresses together for more direct communication. Once those emails are together i'll send out a rough draft of a constitution that we can haggle over to get it where we want it.

One new suggestion has come up with a floor (maybe $160) to match our ceiling of $360. Seems like a good idea. Gives teams plenty of freedom to operate while still putting controls in place to keep it from going to far. We'll almost certainly need some king of addendum to keep people from picking up a player via FAAB at a super high rate ($100 for Jamey Carroll) to exceed that floor.

by the way, we may be up to 12 now.
    -----------------------------
    Check out my blog on personal development at http://joaker5.wordpress.com/

Ok, Here's who we have so far

BigJon (Jonathan Oakes)
    Freedom (Scott Freeman)
    Bill_in_PDX
    Nickdemola
    bcz1943
    Kiwijohn (John Sukroo)
    southpaw23
    brushback
    rokoeh8er
    Andrew Gephardt (emailer)
    Jeff Sweeney (Local Jville player)
    Gellman@HQ (Scott Gellman)
    Yellowbelly (Shannon Martin)
    dcoffell (Dustin Coffell)

14 teams so far.
    Last edited by BigJon; 01-02-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Tell me if I'm understanding this minors thing correctly. If he starts the year in the Majors, his 5 year clock would go $6, $12, $18, $24, $30. That's clear. But if he starts in the minors and gets called up sometime during the year, his 5 year clock will look like $0, $6, $12, $18, $24. Or are you saying that you only start his 5 year clock during that year that he finally starts in the Pros? Can you clarify this?
    Ok, I'm writing up the rough draft of the constitution and need to make a change here because it's not making sense in place with the other rules.

I'm changing my original thought to read as follows.

When a player from your minor league roster is called up to the majors their salary tag is $6. (need to have in place because of cap ceilings and floors).

A player on a minor league roster that begins the year in the majors begins his first year of eligibility in that season and will progress in the following manner - $6, $12, $18, $24, $30

A player on a minor league roster that begins the year in the minors and is called up will not be penalized by the loss of a year of eligiblity. Therefore those minor league players who are called up will progress in the following way - $6, $6, $12, $18, $24, $30.

- We may have to debate this one out. I can see setting some kind of date like the major league trade deadline, or june first or something, that says if they are called up before that then they loose a year of eligiblity. If called up after that then they do not. It's something we'll want to streamline.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon View Post

- We may have to debate this one out. I can see setting some kind of date like the major league trade deadline, or june first or something, that says if they are called up before that then they loose a year of eligiblity. If called up after that then they do not. It's something we'll want to streamline.
    I agree with this. Take Hosmer from last year as an example. He was called up in mid-May if I remember correctly. That early in the season, he should be at a $6 first year, $12 the next, etc.
    Someone like Jacob Turner who made 2 starts and was called up in either late Aug or early Sept shouldn't be treated the same way. I think he should fall under the $6, $6, $12, etc. That's just my opinion on the matter.

I like the concept. And there will absolutely need to be a very clear line, because as we get to years 4-6, we'll need a straightforward way to track when guys were originally called up.

Excellent job so far!!!

I could probably figure out how to set up the ProBoards thing. But I think we need a league name first. Let's check with the HQ guys

I'm operating under HQFDL for now. We have an HQer in the league and nobody has shouted us down yet. I think we're good :-)

Ok, good. Girlfriend just coming home tomorrow after 3 weeks away, so check into ProBoards in a few days probably.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I agree with this. Take Hosmer from last year as an example. He was called up in mid-May if I remember correctly. That early in the season, he should be at a $6 first year, $12 the next, etc.
    Someone like Jacob Turner who made 2 starts and was called up in either late Aug or early Sept shouldn't be treated the same way. I think he should fall under the $6, $6, $12, etc. That's just my opinion on the matter.
    How about the clock starts if he loses his rookie status in the call up year?
    The most beautiful thing in the world is a ballpark filled with people.
    Bill Veeck

Doesn't take much to lose rookie status. I think we have to make it a specific call up date.

The reason for it is to keep a person from being punished by one of their minor leaguers being called up halfway through the year. All of a sudden his first keeper year is at $12. That should only happen in the guy played most of the year in the majors.

Ok guys, All done with the rough draft of the constitution. So far I only have emails from 7 of the 14 owners who have asked to join the league. I'm going to wait a bit to get more addresses before sending it out so that we don't have to rehash things twice.

We have 14 guys now? Wow. You're awesome! Do you need my email, or you've got it? Great job

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    We have 14 guys now? Wow. You're awesome! Do you need my email, or you've got it? Great job
    I do need you to send me an email, thanks. I'm organizing folks in my outlook folder to keep things simple.

Hello all. First post on the forums, really looking forward to this league.

-DC

I've set up the basic Off-Season ProBoard here: http://www.hqfdl.proboards.com/

Jon, I believe you have the official list of who's playing, plus a League Constitution. If you want to email me the Constitution, I can post it. If you want to "Officially" invite people the league, CC me so I know who to accept when the Register. And give me your contact info, so I can register you as an Admin on the Boards.

Who else is going to help us co-Commish?

Once we're all set up over there, we can use that Board to communicate, set draft times, etc

ProBoards set-up - awaiting League Members to join at http://www.hqfdl.proboards.com/, and the Constitution so I can post it.

Who else is going to step up and Co-Commish?

When do we launch this thing?

Just signed up. Did we end up with enough interest to fill the league?

Yessir, We're filled if all committed actually join.

I'm signed up now.

Default Room for a newbie?

I'm interested if you're willing to have someone who is new to dynasty leagues .

you're lucky Blazsey, somebody just backed out, please join the discussion at the site listed above.

Default Signed up

Looking forward to taking a step up from my other league.

Make sure you vote for an auction date on the league boards listed above so we can set this thing up
    NL-Only 4x4 Ultra league
    AL-Only 4x4