No announcement yet.

Search function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: that thread from June that keeps coming up in your search results... did you post in that thread?

I'm wondering if you saved a filter in your search configuration that is further limiting the results. Do you see anything along those lines if you go into "advanced search"?

Comment

better search engines also call up threads you've recently posted to, but not here.
      it matters when the search engine is a bit shaky.

I appreciate the progress, but whomever has been setting the parameters still does not seem to be fully aware of user feedback to specific issues.

If the lingering problem is - and I believe it - that the threads you've posted in don't come up, that makes no sense....
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Howie, I'm not suggesting this is a bug, I'm suggesting it's a configuration that sgrape has mistakenly set in his own search parameters.

I know you've been dissatisfied with the search capabilities for some time, but I believe the last time we rebuilt the indexes, your concerns were addressed. Other than this thread, I've seen zero evidence of search "shakiness" since we did that.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          Question: that thread from June that keeps coming up in your search results... did you post in that thread?

I'm wondering if you saved a filter in your search configuration that is further limiting the results. Do you see anything along those lines if you go into "advanced search"?
          Ray,
          No, I didn't post to the June thread that keeps coming up. I went out to my advanced search configuration and cleared them but I get the same results.
          Scott
          Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Comment

Scott, if you don't object to this, go ahead and PM me your forum password, I'm happy to log in as you and take a look at it.

Comment

Scott, if you don't object to this, go ahead and PM me your forum password, I'm happy to log in as you and take a look at it.
              Ray, I've sent you my password.
              Scott

Comment

I log in as you, and I get the same results as you. Bizarre. I'll investigate further, get tech involved if necessary.

Comment

I log in as you, and I get the same results as you. Bizarre. I'll investigate further, get tech involved if necessary.
                  Thanks Ray. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X