New $75 AL ONLY 5 x 5 Keeper League on CBS Sports, 10 team H2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New $75 AL ONLY 5 x 5 Keeper League on CBS Sports, 10 team H2H

This is a new 10 team / AL ONLY / $75 fee to pot / H2H / 5 x 5 keeper league / will be run on CBS Sportsline.
    Only MLB players who are in the AMERICAN LEAGUE can get stats in this league's scoring system.
    All GM money goes into the league. I take nothing for starting the league and running it. I am a 48 year old family man. I currently run one 5 x 5 mixed keeper baseball league, 1 NHL keeper league, 1 NBA keeper league and 1 NFL keeper league. I am looking to add this league to my "mix". The NFL league has been going since 1992. The NHL league started last year. The MLB Mixed keeper league is in its third season. The NBA league started in the fall. I am now going to start a new AL ONLY and a new NL ONLY MLB keeper league (the NL ONLY is full now) beginning in 2011.

I can supply references if you would like them from any of the other leagues I also run. I can also tell you that my ID at EBAY is franco8308 and if you check that out you will see I have around 400+ purchases and sales there and I have a 100% rating. I am NOT a scammer. I love fantasy sports and my job affords me the time to play in and run all these leagues. Running them is no big deal, other than the start up, and the collecting and paying out each year. Really, once you set them up, and get them rolling, they are easy to run.

My email is: chrisfranco@sc.rr.com

Anyway...back to THIS league:

This will be a Head to Head 5 x 5 ten team league. I run the league via PayPal but you do not have to have PayPal to play. I will work with you if you prefer checks or money orders.

Player Pool: AL Players only.
    Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, U, SP and RP.
    Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 10 games this year. Pitchers gain eligibility at Starting Pitcher with 5 starts last year or 5 starts this year. Pitchers gain eligibility at Relief Pitcher with 10 relief appearances last year or 10 relief appearances this year.
    • WEEKLY Lineups are set once for the start of each period.
    Head to Head game weeks run Monday to and through Sunday nights.
    Deadline to make a lineup move is 5 minutes before gametime on the first day of the period.
    • Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions.
    • Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
    • The waiver order resets after each weeks' games.
    • Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 1 day(s).

Schedule: Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays.
    Playoffs start and last for 4 Periods.
    Head-to-Head, Individual Categories System.
    Scoring based on total stats each period.
    Scoring for Batting Categories
    BA - Batting Average
    HR - Home Runs
    R - Runs
    RBI - Runs Batted In
    SB - Stolen Bases
    Scoring for Pitching Categories
    ERA - Earned Run Average
    K - Strikeouts (Pitcher)
    S - Saves
    W - Wins
    WHIP - Walks + Hits / Inning

Comment

DRAFT:
      For year one the draft will be at CBS in the league draft room. It will be SUNDAY MARCH 20th 2011.
      In future seasons the draft for this league will ALWAYS Be the THIRD SUNDAY in MARCH each year. Late afternoon or night.
      Our annual Live Draft is in the CBS Sportsline Fantasy League Manager Draft War Room. We will all vote on the time.
      (Serpentine Order 1-12, 12-1)
      Any remaining players you would like to add/change to your roster will be done through waivers which will be turned on right after that draft ends.
      Owners DO NOT have to fill their required starting spots with their first draft picks; You can pick your second catcher with your last pick if you'd like, for example.
      Time Limit For Draft: There will be a 150-second time limit for each owner to make his/her pick during each round of the draft. If a participant does not make a selection in the allotted time, the computer will select for that owner using ranking system. If there is a computer failure, an error made with a selection by an owner or any other type of technical malfunction, the draft moderator (me) can stop the draft at any time and correct the error and then resume the draft. All such decisions will be made during the draft and will be final.
      There is no separate Minor league draft. Draft MLB players and Minor league players during our draft whenever you wish, at your own risk.

KEEPERS:
      The fantasy game here is to build a dynasty/keeper baseball team utilizing keeper players and your best skills and knowledge as a team owner.
      The model for the league is basically the old time reserve clause format.
      Keep 12 players plus 4 farm team players (total of 16)
      There is no draft or cost or time limit on your keepers. A player can be yours forever until you cut him or trade him.
      Cut down day each season = March 1
      -
      In order to qualify for consideration for one of 4 Farm Team (Minor Leaguer) Keeper spots, a player must have accumulated, in the ANY prior season:
      Fewer than 130 at bats and 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues. IE: That means a pitcher can have 49 2/3 IP, if he has 50 or more you can not keep him. A hitter can have 129 at bats and at 130 or more you can not keep him. This is in ANY prior MLB season not just the one that just past.

If a player had 130 or more MLB AB (again, at bats, not plate appearances; walks are not at bats) and/or 50 or more MLB IP in a prior season, he is NOT eligible for a keeper spot as one of our Minor League keepers. ML Minor League stats do not count against the player.

You CAN keep a player that qualifies as a minor league player by our rules as one of your 12 MLB keepers.

STARTING LINEUPS:
      Starting lineups will consist of:

* 2 Catchers
      * 1 First Baseman
      * 1 Second Baseman
      * 1 Shortstop
      * 1 Third Baseman
      * 1 Middle Infielder (2B/SS)
      * 1 Corner Infielder (1B/3B)
      * 1 Utility Player (any offensive position)
      * 5 Outfielders
      * 9 Pitchers

CBS will automatically govern all position eligibility.

All players can start in a game week, starting on a Monday.

Roster Limits
      Total Players 40

*** This is NOT your typical league. We use a VERY deep player pool. The reason: We feel this separates out a little bit of the luck factor and rewards GMs who know their baseball and do their homework
      Last edited by Rusty Barr; 02-21-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

SCHEDULE:
        H2H schedule randomly generated by CBS.

In the head to head format, each team will play another team in a weekly match-up. The winner is determined by how many categories they win against their opponent. Ties stay. Our weekly win-loss-tie records are tracked through the regular season to determine standings, rankings and playoff seedings. The playoffs will determine the prize money

So, for example, lets say in Week 1 against your Week 1 H2H opponent you go 5-4-1...then in Week 2 against that H2H opponent you go 7-2-1....then at the end of two weeks your record in the standings would be 12-6-2
        etc.

6 Teams make the playoffs

DRAFT ORDER

Randomly set up once we are full

MONEY:
        All the money in the pot gets paid out each year.

The yearly $75 entrance fee does NOT include the CBS Sportsline fee; we will divide that by 10 each year. Your Year 1 we will collect $128. $75 (LF) + $40 ("DP" explained below) + $13 (CBS) = $128

Year two and on, you will only pay $75 each year. Your $40 DP rolls over.*

Top teams winning prizes

All the money in the pot collected gets paid out. (Other than the money we all have to kick in to use CBS. Typically thats $150 a year for all of us. $15 each)

* KEEPER DOWN PAYMENT (DP) EXPLAINED:
        Everyone ponies up an extra $40 their first year in this league, as a down payment, on the following season's league fee. If a GM ever quits the league, he loses his DP. This helps slow down the turnover, which is really a bummer in keeper/dynasty leagues as its harder to get guys to want to take over an existing abandoned franchise, especially if the keepers on that team aren't that great. If someone does quit, then we take that quitting GMs $40 and just add it to the next season's pot asan extra pot bonus for all to try and win. Its really only your Season 1 where you are putting in an extra deposit money down payment.
        We have found that taking tht extra $40 up front helps deter quitters and GMs playing for just the "now" with no eye towards next year.

At the beginning of YEAR THREE I send you your $40 DP back.

-

6 have paid and are all set

4 spots open right now

email me at chrisfranco@sc.rr.com for more information on how to get in on the ground floor of what promises to be a great unique long running keeper league

Comment

3 spots open

Comment

draft

For year one the draft will be at CBS in the league draft room. It will be SUNDAY MARCH 20th 2011 and it will start at 3 PM EAST COAST TIME.

Comment

one spot left

Comment

one spot open

Comment

Working...
                X