Custom Draft Guide Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide Error?

Hey guys, ran a custom draft guide for my 12 team mixed and did a grid. Evan Longoria was in the $7.50 bracket with Ian Stewart and Kevin Kouzmanoff.

We The categories aren't standard 5x5, but they aren't anything radical that would drop Longoria like that. Looks like some kind of error.
    -----------------------------
    Check out my blog on personal development at http://joaker5.wordpress.com/

More info. Situation corrects itself if I elimnate keepers. But even with keepers, Longoria would have been a $0 player as a keeper rather than $7.50... Wierd.

Comment

Its going to completely depend on what categories you selected. Sounds to me like you might have had K's as a positive scoring stat or something. If you can post the exact confit you used, I can take a closer look.

Comment

Is Longoria marked as a keeper? What is his keeper salary if so?

Comment

I ran a custom draft for basic roto 5x5 with no keepers. Troy Tulowitski never showed up. Buster Posey never showed up. Raji Davis was a top 15 player. Pujols is not even in the top 50. Am I doing something wrong here?

Comment

Ok I had to click on NL. However I am still having problems. I need to set it up for two different types of leagues. One is a standard roto 5x5. The other is a points league. What I am finding confusing is this
            "Select the stats used scoring in your league. A negative weight will reverse the "standard" sorting of a category. For example, -1 for Hitting Strikeouts will place the most value in the players with the most strikeouts while -1 for Hitting RBI will place the most value in the players with the fewest RBI.
            Points are the literal points. Players are valued at the point amount entered times their projected stats.
            "

Strikeouts count as -1 in my league. Should I be putting -1 in the value field or should I be putting 1? Same question with HR allowed & ER allowed for a pitcher.Will the draft guide automatically know that those values are negative? Therefore I dont have to put - in front of the number?
            Last edited by DiggyBaseball; 01-20-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally he was marked as a keeper (no salary). At that point he showed up with a $7.5 value. Keepers in this league are usually $0.

Comment

Originally posted by mdegraide View Post
                Ok I had to click on NL. However I am still having problems. I need to set it up for two different types of leagues. One is a standard roto 5x5. The other is a points league. What I am finding confusing is this
                "Select the stats used scoring in your league. A negative weight will reverse the "standard" sorting of a category. For example, -1 for Hitting Strikeouts will place the most value in the players with the most strikeouts while -1 for Hitting RBI will place the most value in the players with the fewest RBI.
                Points are the literal points. Players are valued at the point amount entered times their projected stats.
                "

Strikeouts count as -1 in my league. Should I be putting -1 in the value field or should I be putting 1? Same question with HR allowed & ER allowed for a pitcher.Will the draft guide automatically know that those values are negative? Therefore I dont have to put - in front of the number?
                Set up two separate leagues in MACK, then you can store two separate configurations in the Draft Guide.

In a points league, if your K scoring for hitters is -1, enter -1. Your bolded section above refers to how the tool handles category scoring, not points scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJon View Post
                  Originally he was marked as a keeper (no salary). At that point he showed up with a $7.5 value. Keepers in this league are usually $0.
                  You can't set keepers with no salary. In MACK when you flag someone as a keeper, you have to give a salary. That salary then gets carried over to the CDG output. Go back and check what you have set for a salary on him.

Comment

For clarity's sake, you can mark a player a keeper and set $0 salary.
                    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
                      For clarity's sake, you can mark a player a keeper and set $0 salary.
                      Oh, thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
                      X