Unique, Realistic Dynasty League Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique, Realistic Dynasty League Opening

Now entering its 12th year, Mendoza Baseball is a hobbyist site run by volunteers dedicated to developing the most realistic Major League Baseball franchise ownership game possible. If you've been successful at traditional fantasy games and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the game for you.

There are several different leagues with openings. You can browse available teams at http://mendozabaseball.com/signup.asp. I'll be starting my 7th season in the Estalella Classic league and 4th in the Mendoza AL Classic league.

Mendoza is a sabermetric dynasty format that is designed to emulate the economics, strategies and transaction rules of MLB as closely as possible, warts and all. The scoring is based on an intricate but intuitive system where player values are calibrated to be similar to advanced metrics like Value Over Replacement Player. Mendoza has everything you would want in a challenging fantasy format, including:

* E-Bay style free agent auctions
    * 25-man active rosters, 40-man major league rosters and 20-man minor league rosters
    * Reserve clause and arbitration simulator
    * Multi-year contracts
    * A waiver system
    * Minor league draft
    * Designate relievers as closers (high leverage), setup, or long relief (low leverage)
    * A full-blown economic model with revenue sharing
    * Very deep leagues with dedicated owners that stick around for the whole year (and beyond)

Let me know if you have questions.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Im interested. I checked out the site. Out of the available teams there are a cpl that can be worked with. How do you apply?

Comment

Leagues are starting to fill up, but there are some spots available. Let me know if you have any questions.
      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the post, Rob. It looks fantastic! I ended up buying the Mississippi Muddawgs franchise - renamed Johnson for now.

I'm not exactly sure on a few things (timing/necessity), would it be alright if I PM you with some questions? Mostly contract extension / reserve clause type of stuff. Thanks!

Comment

Congrats! Feel free to PM me. Let's get you hooked
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Rob, Rodney:
            I just took over the No. 9...No. 9... team in the Estalella league, now renamed Pretty in Phink. Thanks for the welcome Rob on the message board. Little did I know that I would be competing against a senior member and Tech staff member of BBHQ (gulp!). It appears I'm in over my head, but I am truly looking forward to it. I hope to be part of the league for many years to come. I'm hoping I can also private message you Rob with any questions I may have. Welcome aboard to Mendoza Rodney.

Comment

Welcome Robert. Happy to entertain any questions by PM or on the Mendoza boards.
              --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

As an update, Mendoza is opening a league that drafts from the full MLB pool to go the next step in realism. In particular it avoids issues of players coming in and out of the league during the season. I don't think it will launch unless there are 24 owners. Currently at 18 or so, so check it out if that sounds interesting to you.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                X