No announcement yet.

HQ Forums Upgrade - July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howie, obviously we need to get the Search fixed. I think I was pretty clear in agreeing on that point. I was offering a temporary workaround

HQFML is in the "HQ-sponsored subscriber leagues" forum, btw.

Comment

Some of this whining is out of control. Sorry you have to deal with it, Ray. HQ's handling of this petulance has been commendable.

Comment

Some of this whining is out of control. Sorry you have to deal with it, Ray. HQ's handling of this petulance has been commendable.
        HQ, would you prefer for us to keep our opinions to ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          Of course not. Blast away, we can take it. Trust me, it wasn't our intent to have any of you notice this upgrade.

I'm told the search index is rebuilding right now. I just tried a search, and more (but not all) of the most recent results are coming back. Looks like that problem should be fully addressed in the next hour or so.

Comment

Search should be back to normal now. Did not realize after the upgrade that the search reindex had not completed... just did another run of it.

Did a search for "Heisey" and I see the recent threads now.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK@HQ View Post
              Search should be back to normal now. Did not realize after the upgrade that the search reindex had not completed... just did another run of it.

Did a search for "Heisey" and I see the recent threads now.
              Yes, search seems to be back to normal now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                Because obviously there is no difference between stating one's opinion and petulantly whining over and over after HQ attempts to address the criticisms.

Comment

As long as it stays polite, I think it's a good way to help prioritize. Search is way more important to me than the font, so lots more pleas about Search, even repeated from one day to the next, will hopefully encourage HQ to move that to the head of the list. I appreciate that HQ is addressing the criticisms, but repeated, civil reminders about the things that are ruining the experience will probably help them address the criticisms in the proper order.

One man's opinion, or another man's petulant whining

Comment

Side note: I don't know that I'd use Search as my sole means of navigating the Forums. It's one thing to use it to search for posts about a player, but if it's being used to find a favorite Forum to post in, there are more efficient ways to accomplish that.

Comment

Agreed.
                      Mainly I go to "new posts since last visit," which I assume is coming back soon.
                      And "search" just if I don't see anything on that player in the new threads.

And I'll stick to constructive criticism as opposed to condescending insults about other posters; seems like the best way to go.
                      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

"New posts" has been there all along, Howie. The only thing missing is the "break" between ones that have been updated since you last visited, and ones that haven't. Tech is looking at that.

Note that the "What's new" tab also seems to do the same thing as "new posts".

Comment

Crossposting patioboater's comment from the other thread, so tech sees it:

It might be nice if the "Subscribed Threads" link, which is currently on the list under "Quick Links" had its own button on that toolbar. That's the button I use most often when I finish reading a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                            Crossposting patioboater's comment from the other thread, so tech sees it:
                            Thanks!
                            2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Search looks as if it might still need some work. I just did a search on "Vargas" and the most recent post that came up was from May 2009.
                              2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by makelele View Post
                                Because obviously there is no difference between stating one's opinion and petulantly whining over and over after HQ attempts to address the criticisms.
                                No one is petulantly whining here. We have an absolute right to state our objections to changes we don't like if we, indeed, don't like them. If you think they're fine -- that's okay too. I think HQ's decision to make this change at this time is worth discussing. I am not condeming you for taking pot shots and behaving like a addled cheerleader -- that's your choice. But I'd like you to stop complaining about other members - including me - voicing our opinion. Go look up "forum" and see if you can learn anything.
                                "I've a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it."... Groucho

Comment

Working...
                                X