No announcement yet.

Unable to paste CDG Grid into excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try pasting the main report or positional report, just to isolate whether you're having issues with just the Custom Report... or if it's a more general issue.

Comment

You are in my thoughts Ray......I just copy and pasted from the main report page into a spreadsheet without any problems.....I guess worse case scenerio I can simply do that and delete the columns I don't want to see in my spreadsheet which I get through the custom report.....not sure why I can't get the custom report to copy and paste.

Baz

Comment

OK, that helps me Bazkar... you're at least not completely dead in the water, and I can do some research about how the Custom report is displaying.

One other thought if you want... in Excel, highlight exactly the number of full columns in your Custom Report before pasting. That should defeat the "data being pasted is a different size..." msg.

Comment

Thanks Ray. I've tried highlighting the exact number of columns on several different attempts with no additional luck. I'm really at a loss here.

Baz

Comment

The main thing in the standard report that is missing is Total Bases.......I still am at a loss as to why I can't copy and paste the custom report.

Baz

Comment

I'm having the same problems, although I've never had them in the past. I used to be able to paste easily from the CDG custom report -- no longer.

It's really a complete mess. I'm doing exactly the things I've done in years past, and it's not working. I've pasted every which way, with no luck, unless I just do the top four rows or so. That works. (But I need more than four players in my list.)

Comment

Our tech guys are looking at this. Have either of you tried this today? They made some changes last night, as I understand it.

Comment

PS I can't paste from the custom report or the full list.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                    Our tech guys are looking at this. Have either of you tried this today? They made some changes last night, as I understand it.
                    Just tried now. No luck whatsoever. Yesterday I could paste from the full list, at least. Today, from neither.

Comment

Thanks, I'll pass along.

Comment

I highlighted the entire page (Edit, Select All) and did a copy. I then did a regular paste into the first cell (not a Paste Special), using Excel 2003. I then deleted the top 'n' lines which contain the HQ banner, etc.

This also works if I highlight only the table itself (column headings and data), but it's annoying to try to highlight such a long report.

I do end up with a column of hyperlinked player names, but I can easily copy/paste back onto itself to convert the links to plain text.

P.S. This worked in both Firefox and IE 6.0, under Windows XP.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post

This also works if I highlight only the table itself (column headings and data), but it's annoying to try to highlight such a long report.
                          Ah, this is what I always do, perhaps that's why I can never get this problem to happen for me.

Comment

It still is not working for me today but I did try the select all option that Tom uses and that worked for me even in the Custom Guide spreadsheet. I have to do a little more housekeeping with it once it pastes but at least I can get it there. If there are any developments please let me know.

Thanks.

Baz

Comment

I'm getting closer to this... I've gotten myself into the same box where nothing works, if I'm using Excel 2007 and IE.

I can't get myself in that state in Firefox, so that's my first suggestion for quick results. And we're working on adding a CSV export option to the CDG results page, which would mitigate the need to copy/paste.

Comment

Okay, yeah, if you hit Select All and paste the entire contents of the page, it will go in, but not as Paste Special, only as a regular paste. You then delete the HQ banners. etc. It ends up working, but this isn't how I used to do it, so something must have changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X