No announcement yet.

Unable to paste CDG Grid into excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have firefox at home but am unable to download the firefox browser here at work which is where I do the majority of my document downloading and prep work during the down times. I may try it at home if I get the chance.

Thanks Ray.

Baz

Comment

Update: we think we've fixed the issue. I couldn't paste at all with IE 7/Excel 2007, and now I can.

Make sure to delete your browser cache in IE, then give it a whirl. Let us know here if you still have issues.

Comment

I tried highlighting just the columns of the report, and pasting into Excel 2003.

Firefox: Paste Special works. Looks good.
        IE 6.0: Paste Special does not work. Granted, this is an older version of IE, so maybe it's not important.

Also, the Grid still only works with Paste, not Paste Special, no matter what browser I use.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
          Firefox: Paste Special works. Looks good....Also, the Grid still only works with Paste, not Paste Special, no matter what browser I use.
          This is confusing to me. Can you clarify?
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by DAVITT@HQ View Post
            This is confusing to me. Can you clarify?
            CGD, grid view: I used to be able to highlight just the grid itself (from the first column heading of R$ to the last player), and do a Paste Special/Text into Excel. That doesn't work -- all of the names end up in thr first column. I have to do a regular paste, which preserves the HTML formatting and leaves me with hyperlinked player names.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure when the last time was that I was able to do Paste Special for the grid. I have a feeling it's been this way for at least a couple of years.

Comment

Can't cut and paste grid to Excel.

I'm trying to copy and paste the grid in excel and having no luck either. Can't you guys make the reports printable via pdf or something?

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
                CGD, grid view: I used to be able to highlight just the grid itself (from the first column heading of R$ to the last player), and do a Paste Special/Text into Excel. That doesn't work -- all of the names end up in thr first column. I have to do a regular paste, which preserves the HTML formatting and leaves me with hyperlinked player names.
                OK -- your earlier post said that in Firefox (which I use) "Paste Special works. Looks good."

So should I understand that Paste Special DOESN"t work in Firefox? Or that your comments about Paste vs Paste Special are about IE?
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

From what I have seen today, the remaining problem is with the Grid view. I can get that to (mostly) work in Firefox, with a little manual cleanup... but not IE.

The Full Report and Position Report seem to be working with both browsers. Make sure to clear your browser cache if those are giving you trouble.

Comment

Another update... Grid View, and all views really, now working in IE. Just do paste, not paste special, with cursor in the top-left cell of your spreadsheet. Delete your browser cache first, too.

Comment

This may sound dumb, but why don't you just add a csv download option ...

just add a csv download option to the cdg results page and the grid. Just like we download the projections. All we'd have to do it hit the download button and all the 'cut and paste' issues go away. Just a thought.
                      12 team NL only 5x5 with 4 man reserve

Comment

We're working on that right now, crotex....

Comment

Working...
                        X