Custom Draft Guide function isn't working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide function isn't working

I haven't been able to generate a custom draft guide. When I hit enter I get an SQL syntax error. Anyone else having trouble?

The sql error I've seen this week only happens if you check the "use keepers" check box when you don't have any leagues/teams configured in MACK. We're going to put in something to stop that, but in the meantime just don't check that box if you don't have keepers configured.

If that doesn't solve the problem, post back here.

Comment

Hey Ray ... trying to find a email address to send screen shots of my CDG input screen and SQL error I am getting.
      11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League
      12 Hitters 10 Pitchers (Holds+Saves)

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Comment

Check your PMs, Kstan

Comment

Hey Ray ... that was my bad. I was selecting "Keepers" but had not associated my Mack Tracker team to a league. Sorry for the false alarm. Thanx!!
          11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Comment

Glad to hear it. That's the only way I know of to get that error, so I'm glad that explains your problem too.

Comment

I noticed the CDG will not allow me to enter 0 for a position. My league doesn't use CI or MI, but now I can't put 0 for those positions.
              keepers on 3 year contract
              after 3 years salary inflates $10 per year

Comment

kklowns . . . we're working on that. Figure it'll be a day or so.
                While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Any progress?

I see that someone is working on this (from 3/4), but wondered if any progress has been made. When I use "points" (my keeper league), I get the SQL error message. If I change this to "rotisserie," the function works.....unfortunately, the difference between the values for rotisserie and our points...is great.

Just looking for status... Next week, I will start hitting the panic button...
                  League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

I know that RobR is working on the Custom Draft Guide and the Mack engine this weekend. We'll have to wait for him to post to tell us exactly what we might expect by the weekend's completion.
                    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

As Michael says, we're expecting a new version in the next couple of days.

Comment

Cool. Thanks. I appreciate that you guys give us glimpses and let us test drive stuff with a few bugs than wait longer for the perfect system.

Good luck on the fixes. Appreciate it. Steve
                        League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

Being able to use points and keepers at the same time is coming soon. Tonight we fixed 1) the ability to specify zero players required at any position, 2) some errors for users who don't have a league setup, 3) automatic scaling of the dollar axis on the draft grid, and 4) made sure keepers with salaries at or below replacement salary appeared in the section for players above replacement value on the various CDG pages.

The other item pending is updating the positions to 1) be dropdowns of valid positions and 2) to default for the position with the most games played last season.
                          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Points and keepers should work together now.
                            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Custom draft guide results

I think there is a problem with your custom draft guide. I used the default 5 x 5 settings for a 12 team
                              mixed league roto league. In the results Albert Pujols was missing. For pitching Halladay and Lincecom were missing.I also tried running using my league's scoring categories and had the same results. I ran the report from home and at work same results. I ran the custom guide about a week ago, Pujols, Halladay, and Lincecom were all at the top in hitting/pitching. I also had problems with the link to the custom guide.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X