Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MACK/Custom Draft Guide enhancements now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donkey View Post
    It seems to be taking the freeze players and moving them to their keeper value, which doesn't account for inflation. If someone has Pujols for $10 but he is worth $40, then there is $30 available that shouldn't be. Instead, it seems to be just making Pujols a $10 player.
    Denoting a keeper removes the kept salary and the players (their stats) from the pool available for pricing. In your example the $30 will be spread across a pool of players without Pujols' stats, inflating their value relative to your non-keeper league.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by lego yo ego View Post
      My league is announcing keepers today so I am entering them into MACK as the day goes on. Some of the keepers are being removed from the guide and others aren't. What could I be doing wrong?
      No one should be removed from the guide, just relocated to a slot appropriate to their kept salary. Players with $0 salary set are currently being treated as if they weren't kept. In the coming days we'll add a "Keep Me" checkbox for clarity's sake.
      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
        Denoting a keeper removes the kept salary and the players (their stats) from the pool available for pricing. In your example the $30 will be spread across a pool of players without Pujols' stats, inflating their value relative to your non-keeper league.
        Gotcha! Thanks.

Comment

Having trouble using the points format. If I select Rotisserie style the keeper feature works. If I select points I am getting an error saying:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1, 1)' at line 1 INSERT INTO temp_values_table (uid, playerid, rate, value, points, is_batter, is_keeper ) VALUES (50441, 3118, 0.75, 0.75, , 1, 1)

Additionally I cannot save 0s in the spot for MI and CI. I am in a dynasty league with no CI or MI spots.

Comment

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Will take a look.
            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Can confirm that both issues are bugs. Expect it will be a day or two to fix.
              --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Any word on these issues? Have to announce keepers this weekend and would love to utilize the new feature to figure out league inflation.

Thanks

Comment

You are not forgotten. Still working on the next release.
                  --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm having an issue with pitchers. I've input the keeper values, but now I get the pitcher listed twice, once at the keeper value and another time at what appears to be the actual value. I'm not sure the deal with that. And I don't know if that means that that values of the remaining available pitchers are not accurate. Not happening with the hitters.

Comment

If that happens, it's because you didn't put in a position with the pitchers on Team/Player Properties in MACK. Position needs to be '1' for pitchers, not 'P'. Fix that, duplication should go away.

Comment

Thanks, I inputted position for the pitchers. Do I need to input positions for the hitters? Does it effect the results if I don't? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, everyone needs a numeric position. If they don't have a position, they end up in the output twice... once at market salary and once at keeper salary.

Comment

i can't log onto the custom draft. as you can see i am logged into forums though. this feature is really annoying and i dislike very much. should of kept it the same as last year.

Comment

I answered your other thread, stun.

Comment

My league's keeper announce date is 3 days before the 4/3 draft. Between now and then, I like to 'predict' who will be kept and see what that does to positional scarcity. I like to try a bunch of different scenarios.

The only way I can figure out how to do this with CDG/MACK is to enter the keeper salary and position for each player kept - and then manually delete both values if I don't think the player will be kept. I then need to look up each player's keeper value again if I ultimately predict he'll be kept.

In other words, is there a way to enter and preserve keeper salary values ahead of time for all players (those being kept and those not)?
                                12-team, 5x5, mixed, auction: 14b/11p/15 bench (any)

Comment

Working...
                                X