Established NL-only and AL-only online auction leagues each need one owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Established NL-only and AL-only online auction leagues each need one owner

Monsters of the NL News and One League Too Many are loosely-affiliated online keeper leagues, although there are slight rules differences between the two. (For the most part, the rules are based on the Book rules.) Monsters goes back to the late eighties, I believe, and OLTM is entering its sixth year. Monsters is NL-only and OLTM is AL-only. Both are 5x5 and conduct their auctions in live chat rooms. There are no fees for transactions beyond the initial membership buy-in. These are low-stakes leagues, so you aren't going to be out much if you want to try out a strategy that you'd be reluctant to use in a league that called for payment of serious money.

The only thing a bit quirky about these leagues is that we use a transactions system that operates over two days each week. On Mondays, we announce successful waiver claims and FAABs. On Tuesdays, we allow owners to pick from the remaining free agents for natural roster openings. (The rationale is that, with weekly transactions, an owner whose FAABs and waivers all were unsuccessful might find himself or herself without an active player in an open spot for a full week. The Tuesday FA claims opportunity lets the owner see how he or she does on Monday before filling in on Tuesday if necessary. It's not complicated and, I promise, you'd get the hang of it quickly.)

Each league needs to replace one owner. The fee in Monsters is $50 plus your pro-rata share of the Onroto.com service, which was about $9 last year. The auction usually occurs on the Sunday of "traditional" draft weekend, i.e., the first full weekend after Opening Day. but this year, due to conflicts, we are looking at having the auction online on Friday night, April 2.

In OLTM, the fees are peanuts, i.e., $25 plus the pro-rata apportionment of Onroto.com's charges. The auction date "officially" has been the Saturday or Sunday of Opening Day weekend, but, most years, we've actually conducted it on a midweek evening. I am advocating for an auction date of Saturday, April 2. However, we'll decide this one way or the other in a few weeks.

We have some HQ guys in each league and they do well. If I had to pick one league as the more "sophisticated," I'd have to say it's Monsters, but there are some excellent, attentive owners in OLTM who you'd be proud to beat.

If you're interested, please private message me or email me at MikeRubin2@aol.com. Thanks for your attention.

Still looking....

We still have those openings, so I am bumping this up a bit in the queue.

Comment

Working...
    X