Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique, Realistic Dynasty League Opening

[Plagiarizing RobR@HQ]

Now entering its 11th year, Mendoza Baseball is a hobbyist site run by volunteers dedicated to developing the most realistic Major League Baseball franchise ownership game possible. If you've been successful at traditional fantasy games and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the game for you.

There are 9 different leagues, 7 of which have openings. You can browse available teams at http://mendozabaseball.com/signup.asp. I'll be starting my 2nd season in the Estalella Classic league. I finished up the track in my first year. The first year is quite a learning experience but I am back for more. After more than 20 years of playing in traditional rotisserie leagues this was a breath of fresh air.

Mendoza is a sabermetric, dynasty format that is designed to emulate the economics, strategies and transaction rules of MLB as closely as possible, warts and all. The scoring is based on an intricate but intuitive system where player values are calibrated to be similar to advanced metrics like Value Over Replacement Player. Mendoza has everything you would want in a challenging fantasy format, including:

* E-Bay style free agent auctions
    * 25-man active rosters, 40-man major league rosters and 20-man minor league rosters
    * Reserve clause and arbitration simulator
    * Multi-year contracts
    * A waiver system
    * Designate relievers as closers (high leverage), setup, or long relief (low leverage)
    * A full-blown economic model with revenue sharing
    (i.e., luxury tax)
    * Very deep leagues with dedicated owners that stick around for the whole year (and beyond)

Let me know if you have questions.

Bump

Comment

Working...
    X