Looking for large Dynasty Roto league 5X5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for large Dynasty Roto league 5X5

I'm looking to take over a team in a large 20+ team mixed, or a 15 team NL/AL league. I've been playing for apprx 17 years and just looking to get into 1 more dynasty league. Willing to take over a team during the season or after. Would prefer this league include a minors system to, as I want to join a very in depth league with a lot of knowledgeable owners.

I'm in an 18 team mixed league (6v6 roto) which has a delinquent GM. We'd like to replace him if possible. The team's roster is:

C - Joe Mauer - 09($10.5M)10($12.5M)
    1B - Jason Giambi - 09-10($1.4M)
    2B(SS) - Mike Aviles - 09-11($2M)[Protected]
    SS - Miguel Tejada - 09($13M)
    3B(OF) - Chone Figgins - 09($9.9M); 10($7.1M); 11($4.3M)
    OF - Alex Rios - 09-12($12.5M)
    OF - Torii Hunter - 09($7.8M)
    DH - David Ortiz - 09-10($12.5M)
    DH - Fred Lewis - 09-10($.55M); 11($.45M); 12-13($.35M)

C - Chris Synder - 09($.4M)
    2B - Mark Ellis - 09($.8M)
    3B(1B) - Casey Blake - 09($.3M)
    3B(OF) - Ty Wigginton - 09($.6M); 10-11($.45M)
    OF - Denard Span - 09-10($1.6M)

SP - Jake Peavy - 09($8M); 10($15M); 11($16M); 12($17M)
    SP - Chad Billingsley - 09($.5M)
    SP - Jered Weaver - 09($3M)[Protected]
    SP - Justin Verlander - 09($.9M)
    RP - Carlos Marmol - 09($.575M)
    RP - Matt Caps - 09($2.3M)[Protected]
    RP - Brian Wilson - 09-11($.45M)[Protected]
    RP - Tony Pena - 09-11($.45M)[Protected]
    RP - Octavio Dotel - 09($2M)

SP - Mike Pelfrey - 09-11($.45M)[Protected]
    SP - Jamie Moyer - 09($.4M)
    SP - Aaron Heilman - 09($.4M)
    SP - Tim Wakefield - 09 ($.4M)
    SP - Kason Gabbard - 09-10($.4M)
    RP - Jeremy Affeldt - 09($.5M); 10($.3M)

Minors
    SP - Trevor Cahill ($.3M)
    SP- Christian Friedrich ($.3M)
    SP - Gio Gonzalez ($.3M)
    SP/RP - Jeremy Jeffress ($.5M)
    1B - Kila Ka'aihue ($.5M)
    OF - Matt LaPorta ($.5M)
    OF - Gerardo Parra ($.3M)
    C - Angel Salome ($1M)
    SP - Brett Sinkbeil ($.3M)

If you are interested, let me know and I'll send a copy of our rules for you to look over.

BTW the team (Washington Nationals) is 9th in the standings.
    Teams
    1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
    2. Rocky's Bullwinkles, CrashTest Dummies - 2 NL only Mendoza League teams
    3. Desperate Measures - an AL only Mendoza Leagues team - 2012 Champion
    4. Hard Times - 24 team Dynasty League, H2H points scoring
    5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion
    6. Sundry other teams too numerous to mention

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

Comment

Thanks PR can you send me a link to the rules of the league?

Comment

We have a League Website set up on ProBoards. Scoring is via CBS

The website: http://mlbknowitalls.proboards.com/index.cgi

login ID: guest
        password: visitor
        Teams
        1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
        5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

Comment

Sounds pretty cool...did the league start in 2006? How many owners have quit and been replaced since it started? These might be covered in the forums but I'm still reading.

Comment

Also it sounds like I would have 2 extra tags? after looking at trades it looks like I get 3 total tags for next year

Comment

The league did start in 2006. I think we still have about 10-12 of the original members.

Originally posted by bcz1943 View Post
              Also it sounds like I would have 2 extra tags? after looking at trades it looks like I get 3 total tags for next year
              I believe so.
              Teams

Comment

This sounds like what I was looking for. What would I have to do to join?

Comment

and if I join, do you want Peavy? lol

Comment

and if I join, do you want Peavy? lol
                    I'll be able to pass on that great offer - my staff includes Halladay, Sabathia, Shields, E. Santana , Braden, Hanson and Zimmerman.

One nice thing we do for new owners is what we call the "free drop". Since most of the teams looking for new owners are burdened with a few bad contracts, we allow a new owner to drop one of them without the usual penalty.
                    Teams

Comment

If you are interested, just register and post a new thread in the "Club House" section giving a few details about yourself and your fantasy background.

Once your registration is "approved", you can copy the info from the existing roster pages into the Nationals section. An invite from CBS will also be arranged.
                      Teams

Comment

k registered to the site just need an approval from an administrator

Comment

Done
                          Teams

Comment

How long before an invite goes out PR? Itching to trade Peavy

Comment

How long before an invite goes out PR? Itching to trade Peavy
                              I'll send it out today. I have been waiting for you to post your roster, etc. on our website. We do most of our trading, etc through our league website. Any trade has to be posted and approved there. The CBS action is strictly after-the-fact.

BTW it helps to post your name, e-mail address and YIM/AIM addresses.
                              Teams

Comment

Working...
                              X