Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston-area 4x4 AL-only live auction keeper league (4/11 live auction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston-area 4x4 AL-only live auction keeper league (4/11 live auction)

The Boston-area 12-team 4x4 AL-only live auction keeper rotisserie league that I'm in is looking for new owners for a few of its teams.

The league has been around for over a decade so we're based on the constitution in the 1998 edition of the Rotisserie League Baseball book. My understanding is that it's a pretty standard roto league -- 23-player active rosters (14 hitters, 9 pitchers), $260 team auction budget, and weekly transactions. There are no bench slots. Each team is also allowed to have a 3-man minor leaguer squad (we hold an online/pre-rank two-round minor league draft the week after each year's live in-person auction). The categories are batting average, home runs, RBI's, stolen bases, ERA, WHIP, wins, and saves.

Teams can keep a player at the same initial salary for his first two seasons -- after that you can either A) keep him at the same salary for a third season and then lose him, or B) extend him to a higher salary that adds $5 for each extra year you want to keep him. Teams can keep up to nine keeper-eligible players each season. It would obviously be up to you to decide which 2008 roster players you want to keep on the team you take over this spring.

Transactions are pretty restricted -- before the All-Star break, you can pretty much only replace a guy if he goes on the DL, gets demoted, released, etc. by his real AL team or by claiming a player another owner has waived. After the break, every available free agent is subject to weekly FAAB bidding (each team gets a $100 budget for the season) and it is a lot easier to get a player off your roster.

We operate on a 1/20 fee scale and the entry fee is $40. There are also additional per-transaction fees that end up totaling somewhere between $20-30 for most owners each season, so we also require you pre-pay for your first $20 of transactions on auction night (if any of it goes unused it's refunded at the end of the season). The live auction night will be on Saturday, April 11. We're not sure on the exact location yet, but as of now it's looking like it will be somewhere in the Waltham area (the owner that usually hosted the auction is one of the owners we're replacing so we're still in the process of determining this year's location). You must be available beginning around 4-5PM on April 11, we can't change the auction date.

PM or email me at mrblroto@gmail.com if you're interested in more details, thanks.

Just realized I forgot to mention the payouts!

$3 gets paid out to each week's weekly standings winner and all the rest of the money (minus what we pay for the website that runs the league) gets paid out to the first through fourth place teams. First gets 50%, second gets 25%, third gets 15% and fourth gets 10%.

Comment

Hi guys, we have one team left, email me if you're interested, thanks.

Comment

Are you still looking for an owner? Sent you a pm about being interested. Let me know if it is still available.

Comment

Ralph,

We have a boston based league, if interested email c.kotelly@verizon.net

Comment

Working...
          X