Custom Valuator Limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Valuator Limitations

I've just joined a H2H league where Quality Starts and Fielding Percentage are scoring stats.

How do I deal with the above to produce a reliable draft grid, given the CV's current set-up:

1. It has no H2H option (but it does have an selection for "Rotisserie" or "Points")
    2. No Quality Starts option
    3. No Fielding Percentage option

Thx in advance.
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

We don't project quality starts or fielding%, so not much we can do there. I believe some people have in the past used either IP as a proxy for QS, just to properly tilt the values toward SP over RP.

H2H doesn't necessarily require it's own option... just select Rotisserie or Points as appropriate and pop in your scoring categories (or system). You'll want to look at the consistency rankings for H2H, though.

Comment

I still wish you guys would give an option for SP RP instead of just P, in the poisitions, because my league has 4 SP slots and 3 RP slots per team.
      "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
      Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
      28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
      Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Originally posted by jbluestone View Post
        I still wish you guys would give an option for SP RP instead of just P, in the poisitions, because my league has 4 SP slots and 3 RP slots per team.
        If it was easy, we'd do it. We don't distinguish SP from RP in our database. And even if we did, who's to say we'd have the exact same designations as your league does?

Comment

Well even a standard that you choose would be more helpful then not having it at all, IMO.

But couldn't there be a way to have for individuals to set the cutoffs for games played for both pitchers and positions qualified. I am pretty sure this feature exists in many different places.
          "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)

Comment

Again, what you're describing is not easy to implement. Doesn't mean it won't ever get done.

Comment

Ray, I dont think anything HQ does is easy, if it was, I wouldnt be paying for the wonderful AMAZING services I get here, but alas, you guys make it look so easy, hence the high hopes and expectations, you are the yankees of fantasy baseball

Comment

Originally posted by jbluestone View Post
                you are the yankees of fantasy baseball
                Take that back.

Comment

Never!!!!!

Haha

Comment

Just for that, we're never splitting SP/RP.

Comment

OK OK, I take it back!

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                        We don't project quality starts or fielding%, so not much we can do there. I believe some people have in the past used either IP as a proxy for QS, just to properly tilt the values toward SP over RP.

H2H doesn't necessarily require it's own option... just select Rotisserie or Points as appropriate and pop in your scoring categories (or system). You'll want to look at the consistency rankings for H2H, though.
                        Ray, thx for following up. I wasn't so much looking for HQ to add the cats I need, but rather to find a way to deal with them as I use the CV. Your suggestion of using IP as a proxy does the trick.

When you mean consistency ratings, you're referring to Dom/Dis? I know some people here use spreadsheets and Patrick had a tutorial about this, but I find that if there were a way for these to be accessible as another column in the projections, it would save a lot of trouble, especially when I'm consulting stats from a distance.

Finally, just wanted to bring to your attention that several names that are on the 40-man rosters of MLB teams, are not brought up when you use the CV: examples Wade Davis, Porcello, Matusz. How is the CV updated relative to each team's 40-man roster?
                        RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Yes, I meant Dom/Dis. It is a good idea to get that data added to the CV tool... not sure if it's on our list for the next round of enhancements, but I'll pass it along.

Those guys on the 40-man rosters... none of them appear to have projected playing time right now. There will be guys on everyone's 40s who we won't project for playing time. As things change in March, they may get added... but they haven't made our cut yet.

Comment

Thx so much Ray.

Would an equivalency to pitchers' Dom/Dis data be available for hitters (not sure what the consistency rating is called for hitters) as well, in the event that a column were added to the CV (and I'm not assuming one will, just hoping)?

Now that I'm playing in 2 H2H leagues, I feel that the only way to achieve an edge is to get quick access to consistency ratings. I don't think any other site or publication achieves this.
                            RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Originally posted by JVR View Post
                              Thx so much Ray.

Would an equivalency to pitchers' Dom/Dis data be available for hitters (not sure what the consistency rating is called for hitters) as well, in the event that a column were added to the CV (and I'm not assuming one will, just hoping)?
                              Yup, see the "Consistency Reports" links at the top of this page.

Comment

Working...
                              X