Brand new from the ground up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new from the ground up

Want to be part of a brand-new league, designed from the ground up but consisting of veteran owners who know how to play the game and won't trade Albert Pujols to the guy challenging you for first place for a bag of magic beans?

The Golden West League, consisting at the moment of six owners, all of whom have played Rotisserie baseball for more than a decade, will begin play in 2009.

The league will either be NL only Ultra or the mega-challenging Double Ultra , depending on what the owners decide. We play five by five, although double ultra is five by five by five by five.

While we would eventually like to work toward a face-to-face auction draft built into a Las Vegas weekend, at first the league will draft its rosters online.

This isn't a league for beginners , but it isn't going to be a cutthroat league either. The idea is to push our roto knowledge to the limit and have the best league in the country.

League fees will be $200 per player, which will include all transactions except long-term contracts and buyouts. Our goal is to have 10 good owners (we need four more), but we would be very happy to play with 12 and add six more instead.

Salary cap will be based on the standard roto $260, and will include 23 active players and 17 reserves. If we play Double Ultra, it's be 23 and 17 in each league.

We'd like to have our ownership set by the end of the year. As I said, since we're drafting online, there are no geographic requirements.

If you're interested, contact me at m_rappaport@earthlink.net and be patient with the spam filter.

Thanks,

Mike Rappaport
    California Mike is commissioner of the Golden State League, which has been playing rotisserie baseball continuously since 1984.

Any interest Mike in joining another AL Rotisserie League (Auction, 12-Team, Ultra, 5x5)? Or would you perhaps know anyone who might be?

Comment

Originally posted by Scully View Post
      Any interest Mike in joining another AL Rotisserie League (Auction, 12-Team, Ultra, 5x5)? Or would you perhaps know anyone who might be?
      I have been looking to get into a AL or NL Only 5x5 Auction league, so I would have some interest. It would have to be an online auction.

Comment

Also interested...

Originally posted by Scully View Post
        Do you have any further details?

Comment

Drop me an e-mail...

Guils21:

We are looking for a quality owner to take over an existing team in HURL, an AL 12-team Ultra league (5 x 5) that has been around for almost 20 years. Draft is live, and draft locations alternate between Northern California and Southern California. This year it will be in Southern California. This is a high end money league, but we have made substantial financial concessions available this year for the right person.

This league is for SERIOUS owners only...we are a well-educated, passionate bunch, and demand a long-term commitment. This is a league that you will be proud to be a part of.

Please go to our league's website to get a flavor of who we are and why we are truly special:

http://www.thedocumemory.com/HURL_SC...KING_NEWS.html

If interested, please contact me (jlscull@netzero.com) and we can discuss in additional detail.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Working...
          X