Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mack 2.0 Discussion

Howie... you'll be glad to hear that the rosters are no longer stored in your browser's cookies. They're stored on our server now. Since MACK2 has gone live, I haven't heard a single case of a roster getting lost.

Yep, it's there.

I'd recommend what I was doing - lay out your keepers, and what sample other players you expect to get at what price (factor in inflation), and fiddle til you get to 260.

Then input those in MACK now - you may find that your team is way too slow or you haven't been thinking enough about Ks or your expected team BA is too low, etc. That can help you reorient a little - granting that you don't have to meet anything too specific.
    Just a little reality check on whether a preliminary approach has any big holes...
    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Were is it?
    I'm rotopass guy...told me to check the remember me box, made me register for the forums...
    ok, logged in, couldn't find either mack 2.0 or 1.0.
    When I return to bbhq homepage, I can click on the mack team tracker, but it takes me right back to that endless loop where it requires me to login to forums again.
    ps I loved mack 1, and am looking forward to putting mack 2.0 through it's paces...so please stop hiding it from me. I am on a Mac, if that makes any difference. thanks

BigMo, are you by chance using Google Chrome as your browser? Chrome and MACK don't get along. Switch browsers and post back here if you get the same behavior (or if you weren't using Chrome to begin with).

Quick question. I access the site through a RotoPass login. It says I have access to MACK 2.0 as long as I'm logged in as a member of the board.

I'm obviously logged in as a member of the board... but I can't seem to find a way to view the MACK 2.0 reports.

What error are you running in to, BigJon?

I'm not getting the option to use it at all. I get MACK 1.0, Hitting Reports, and Pitching reports.

Huh? That shouldn't happen. How are you getting to MACK? Do you have an old bookmark or something? What happens when you click on MACK on the left-side toolbar? You should get brought to this page:

http://www.baseballhq.com/members/tools/mack2/. Is that where you are?

That is exactly where I am :-)

When I go to the "use your team!" tab this the option I get:

MACK 1.0 Report Batting Projections Pitching Projections
    I also get this message at the top of the page:

MACK Team Tracker and Analyst

MACK 2.0 is now available for our RotoPass users
    In order to manage your teams, you must be logged in to an active HQ Forums account. Your MACK teams will be managed through that account. This requirement applies to RotoPass subscribers only.

There shouldn't be any way to get MACK 1.0... I physically removed it from the site a few months ago.

Have you selected the "remember me?" functionality on the forums? That could be a good thing to try.

Are you able to save teams/etc.?

What browser are you using?

Sorry for the trouble... maybe it's just labeled wrong?

I do use the "Remember me" function.

I am able to save teams I'm using Firefox 3.0.8

I'm saving the teams fine, but miss having something like "Run Report" as a click. Each time it takes me a while to figure out how to find the projections, and now pitching is separate from hitting (wasn't before?).
    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

My trouble is that as a Rotopass member, the MACK 2.0 is very inconsistent in letting me load players or reports. I'm logged in, not using Google Chrome, and still can't get in except intermittently. Anything I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ttjackson View Post
    My trouble is that as a Rotopass member, the MACK 2.0 is very inconsistent in letting me load players or reports. I'm logged in, not using Google Chrome, and still can't get in except intermittently. Anything I'm missing?
    By the way, I've managed to load my players, but only after dozens of attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by ttjackson View Post
    You need to be logged in to the forums as a Rotopass member, not just into the site. You should check the 'remember me' box when you log in to the forums so that your login persists when you leave the forums. This is a requirement for Rotopass members to get MACK to work.

First post to the forums...

I am also bit confused by MACK 1.0 and MACK 2.0. I subscribe to BaseballHQ directly (Gold Plan, I think), not RotoPass. I click on the MACK Team Tracker on the left side bar and it lets me create teams and customized reports. But when I click on Use My Team, I get two options: either the customized report I just created, or a report titled MACK 1.0 Report. If I am using MACK 2.0, why is there an option for a MACK 1.0 Report?

The MACK 1.0 report link is to a report you probably created under MACK 1.0. We had a conversion routine in place that took existing MACK 1.0 reports and upgraded them to be MACK 2.0 compatible. You can rename or delete it if you wish.

Thanks, Ray. I'll delete the MACK 1.0 Report (it was empty), and feel confident that I am indeed utilizing MACK 2.0.

Charlie

Maybe this will help.

What's the difference between the MACK 1.0 and 2.0 reports?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
    Maybe this will help.

What's the difference between the MACK 1.0 and 2.0 reports?
    See my post above. Mack 1.0 reports are reports that you created in MACK 1.0, and we converted to the new format for you. Once they're converted, they do the same thing... it's irrelevant that they were created in Mack 1.0, that's just the title we put on them.

ahh. Got it. Thanks.

I used to be a BBHQ subscriber, let my subscription lapse, am now back, and have an immediate suggestion regarding the MACK layout. In fact, it was a suggestion I meant to raise before my subscription lapsed.

Are there any plans for improving the presentation of the MACK reports? Primarily, refining the alignment of the column headers and column data? For example, the default Player information section appears to have the AGE header left aligned, while the actual age is right aligned. The same applies to BATS and POS. The TM column header appears centered, while the team abbreviation is aligned left. If the column headers and column data were standardized in the Player information section I imagine you could also save some overall report space by reducing the width of each column (meaning less left to right scrolling for those users that have a lot of data presented in a report).

This column header and column data alignment suggestion also applies for the Year To Date and Projections data that can be added to the reports. For example, PX and SX can have a max of three digits. Therefore, these would be best presented right aligned. Currently, the alignment of the data is centered and, as a result, the data appears wonky.

I know, I know. This can be considered picky. However, when presenting reams of data making these sorts of adjustments to presentation can really enhance the reports generated. And it makes the data easier to read. I imagine it would be an exercise of going through the code templates and standardizing the presentation of the data, matching the column headers and column data alignment, and selecting appropriate alignment for the type of data being presented (usually just either left aligned or right aligned).

I see this might be a dead thread

However, I am looking the the MACK and cannot figure out if it is useful "in season" for one year leagues.

Nor do I see anything that tells you how it works or how to use it. It says I can enter numerous leagues

Are these imaginary leagues? Or am I going to have to input every roster in my league to get accurate information ???
    Can I somehow input the current standings mid-season so it helps me know where a move might take me in the future based on projections ?

Thank you.
    It just doesn't tell someone who has never seen or used anything like this, much about what it does or how it works.

You don't have to put in every team in your league, but you get some additional benefits if you do. You can just enter your own team and run reports on it, or lists of free agents, trade targets, etc. It's awfully helpful to look at your whole team and see your staff-wide xERA or PX or whatever. I love that.

It doesn't allow you to input current standings and project final standings... yet. We are working on that.

Tinker with it, really the best way to learn what it can do for you.

Thanks Ray

I'm playing with it like a new toy now !!!
    lol
    Not sure how the dollar amounts it produces correlate with what a team needs in categories
    but, that is something easily done otherwise