Mack 2.0 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack 2.0 Discussion

Well, we have an issues thread... let's also create a discussion thread to talk about your thoughts on Mack 2.0

Granted I only had time to look at it today for about 15 minutes. It looks way too "busy" for me. Lots of tabs and links. I liked Mack 1.0, simple, very user friendly and did its job.
    5x5 12 team NL ONLY; 5x5 15 team MIXED

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeOscarBluth View Post
      Granted I only had time to look at it today for about 15 minutes. It looks way too "busy" for me. Lots of tabs and links. I liked Mack 1.0, simple, very user friendly and did its job.
      I think you need to give it more of a chance. I had nothing to do with Mack 2.0, so this isn't a case of me defending my "baby", but 2.0 offers far more functionality than Mack 1.0. The fact that you can create multiple teams and customized reports, and that we permanently store them on the HQ server, means that Mack 2.0 is a tool you can come back to time after time.

And, Mack 1.0 did not always do its job. There have always been technical issues with it. Not everyone found it to be user-friendly, either. It was hardly a one-click operation.

Comment

I hated the user interface on MACK 1.0. Bad fonts, colors, readability was bad. Now MACK is in line with the rest of the site, style-wise. And the durability of your teams being stored on our server is a huge win.

Comment

If you store your roster on Mack 2.0, as soon as our first winter projections come out, you can immediately run a report for your team. I like that.

Comment

I must say I like the MACK 2.0 interface. Easy to use. The player Add function is very good. The report function needs some work - I noted a printing issue in the other thread - but other than that it works nicely.

I really like using MACK 2.0 to compare groups of players. I've created a "pitching" team and an "OF" team in which I can post various players and run a quick & dirty comparison of projections. Nice.
            Teams
            1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
            2. Rocky's Bullwinkles, CrashTest Dummies - 2 NL only Mendoza League teams
            3. Desperate Measures - an AL only Mendoza Leagues team - 2012 Champion
            4. Hard Times - 24 team Dynasty League, H2H points scoring
            5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion
            6. Sundry other teams too numerous to mention

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

Comment

Love MACK 2.0.

However there are some stats missing that I'd love to see added:

1. HR/F for batters
              2. Batting average vL and vR for batters
              3. Batting average against vL and vR for pitchers

Are these difficult enhancements to make? Would any other users here find these moderately useful so it's worth the time of the developers?

More info the better in my book
              12-team 5x5 mixed roto league

Comment

I agree with Cmnova04 on the vL or vR thing. This would be so useful (especially if OBA) for scoresheet -- albeit, I realize it is a small sampling.
                League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

Originally posted by slaman992003 View Post
                  I agree with Cmnova04 on the vL or vR thing. This would be so useful (especially if OBA) for scoresheet -- albeit, I realize it is a small sampling.
                  Actually, slam, you would not want this for SS at all. Scoresheet uses pre-defined L/R splits for each player, they're on the SS site. So you'd want to use a player's full-season (or proj) BA/OBP/SLG and apply the SS-supplied adjustements to those numbers. How a player actually does v.L or v.R each week does NOT get factored into SS results.

Comment

A couple thoughts on the new MACK;

The good
                    -
                    -Very happy to see some key BPIs added like G/L/F splits, xBA, H% & S%

The bad
                    -
                    -There are still a few stats that I would like to be able to add to my reports like hr/f and SBO%. In a perfect world we could view any stat that BBHQ analysts cite in the articles through MACK.
                    -

Overall I think MACK 2.0 is a nice upgrade over the original, there are just a few little things that would make it better.
                    5x5 mixed league, non-keeper

Comment

Originally posted by ABTY View Post
                      -I’d like some form of a trade evaluator – I could never get the old one to work properly, but it would be nice to be able to compare the cumulative stats & projections of one set of players to another set with ease.
                      Couldn't you just create a new team containing the players you want to evaluate for a trade?

Comment

The "trade assistant" feature from the old MACK will be migrating to MACK 2.0 at some point, as will the "Power Search" feature.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
                          Couldn't you just create a new team containing the players you want to evaluate for a trade?
                          I guess - but it would be nice to have them all on one page. Plus the relative clunkiness of the add/remove players functionality makes it a little more cumbersome. As I mentioned, I'm kinda lazy.
                          5x5 mixed league, non-keeper

Comment

i'm just starting to use the mack feature and it is very helpful. as for possible improvements:

(1) i would love to be able to add date ranges to the reports (last 7 days etc.) to help set weekly lineups based on who looks like they might breakout without clicking through individual player pages.

(2) it really should have the option to use all hq stats.

Comment

Originally posted by jk88 View Post
                              i'm just starting to use the mack feature and it is very helpful. as for possible improvements:

(1) i would love to be able to add date ranges to the reports (last 7 days etc.) to help set weekly lineups based on who looks like they might breakout without clicking through individual player pages.

(2) it really should have the option to use all hq stats.
                              Being able to view the Past 7 and Past 31 ranges listed on the player pages, maybe as a drop-down menu when looking at the reports would be a nice addition (and not too difficult?).

Comment

Working...
                              X