Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! (Boston area) We need a proxy to bid for us at an auction Sunday afternoon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! (Boston area) We need a proxy to bid for us at an auction Sunday afternoon....

Hi all,

My brother and I are looking for somebody to stand in for us Sunday afternoon at an auction and bid on some players for the team we co-own in our longstanding keeper league. The draft is Sunday afternoon from 3:30 pm to 8 pm at a place in Wakefield called The Dockside.

Why we aren't there ourselves or have already secured a proxy this year is a long story, but to sum up: I'm in Detroit, he's in Wyoming, and neither one of us is the complete master of our own schedule.

We've got a cheat sheet that we'll pass along and would be advising over the phone. Really we just need somebody to make some bids and enjoy FREE FOOD AND BEVERAGE that we will pay for while the bidding proceeds. (i.e. we'll pick up your tab for the evening.)

The league itself is a longstanding AL-only league and has a lot of good guys in it who are a lot of fun to bid against. (At least a couple of them can be found here in the Forums on occasion.)

So, if anybody in the Boston area has an urge to raise their hand occasionally to bid and occasionally to shovel in a bit of delicious FREE FOOD AND BEVERAGE at Wakefield's finest establishment, please shoot me a PM to volunteer.

Thanks,
    Patioboater
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

I can't help as I have another draft that day.

But I'm wondering if this shouldn't be in the Clubhouse? Probably only people come into this forum if they are looking to join a league, whereas many who aren't looking to join a league may be willing to help you (for the practice, free food, altruism, or whatever)?
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Well, I reckon this is the Forum for it, but you're right that there are likely to be folks who might be interested who probably only come here looking for a full auction experience.

I hate to double-post, but I think I can see an almost plausible way to place a pointer to this thread there....
      2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

A classic joint . . .

I'm in Western Mass, and can't make the drive, but recently had dinner at the Dockside, and its a classic "joint" . . . so help the brother out !!!

Comment

The wife of one of our owners handled the in-room phone duties for us. We got some good players out of the draft and she got free beer, so it turned out okay for everybody. Hurrah!

Comment

Working...
          X