Custom Draft Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide

when I put in my league parameters....and do positional report it only shows 11 catchers with a value of 0 or more...we use 26 catchers am I doing something wrong?
    12 team mixed keeper league $260 Cap..5x5 with k/9 the 5th catagory in Pitching
    14 hitters, 9 pitchers, 2 reserves
    Can keep up to 8 each year

Use the 'force positions' checkbox. That ensures that valid rosters are valued at + value, as opposed to just spitting out the 'top x players, regardless of position'.

Comment

What Ray said.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

A question regarding the parameters used in hitting vs. pitching.

I'm in a league where ABs and IPs are counted.

Yet, the CV only provides the option of checking off IPs as a stat.

Why is it that ABs are not offered as a stat on the hitting side (which would balance out the IP stat on the pitching side)?

I am entering stats for a 4 X 4 league (ABs, BBs, OBP, OPS; IPs, ERA, WHIP, SOs). As you can see, I can only enter 3 of my batting stats and all 4 of my pitching stats.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
        RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

I was adding singles for the points league guys, so I added AB, too.
          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Wow, Jobu -- what more can I add -- this is totally amazing responsiveness to your customer base. Many thanks!
            RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Glad you noticed. When it's a quickie, it's something we're glad to do. Your thanks should go to Ron who gives the thumbs up or down on where I spend my time.
              While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
              --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Jobu, thanks again for your assistance.

I'd like to make another suggestion.

When the CV spits out results, players are identified by their initials and last names.

Some players unfortunately have not only the same last name, but the same initial and play the same position: Andruw Jones, Adam Jones. I believe there are others.

In these cases, when you're fishing through the CV, you can't always tell who is who.

Would it be possible to distinguish same name players by adding the 2nd letter to their first name?

Hence, Andruw Jones would become An. Jones and Adam Jones would be listed as Ad. Jones.

This would only be done specifically for those players in this situation and no one else. It's a minor tweak but makes sifting through the data that much more efficient.

Many thanks for everything you've done.
                RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

We made the choice to save space. I'll think about doing something clever like you've suggested adding characters until a name is unique, but there's no guarantee there's something easy enough to be worth doing. Someday I'll add CSV export to the tool and at that point I'll have more room for names.
                  --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Jobu, much appreciated. Your feedback is golden.
                    RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Hey, I just looked and you must be talking only about the grid. Is that right?
                      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
                        Hey, I just looked and you must be talking only about the grid. Is that right?
                        Yup. What Ron refers to as his "Trusty Grid". Am I in the wrong thread?
                        RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Right thread, just that everywhere else in the tool, except the real-estate challenged grid, we output first name and team along with that.
                          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
                            Right thread, just that everywhere else in the tool, except the real-estate challenged grid, we output first name and team along with that.
                            Yup, it's for the real-estate challenged grid. Savin' trees.
                            RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Working...
                            X